FCA Entry Standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Entry Standards

Well here's the idea looking to go for a cadetship but think it will look good if I join the reserves so heres the question,

whats the current entry standards for the FCA? (Physical, educational)
    if it makes any difference i'd be looking to get into the 24th infantry in letterkenny (rockhill house).

Would it make any difference if i had a degree in 'business finance and investment' from the Ulster University Coleriane?

I'll be 22 when i'll apply some people voiced concern that it may be too old to be seriously considered for a cadetship?

Entry Standards?

Physical

2 of everything except nose and mouth

Eductional Standards

Understand english
    Ability to spell own name optional

The degree will make a difference, you will realise that that you can get better paid outside of public service.
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Well to be honest there is one thing you will have to bear in mind.
      Recruits are usually under 19, so it can be a little hard mingling with teenagers fretting about their leaving certs, and of course a difference in maturity.
      You being 22 means that you are an adult with some life experience and you may feel a little old around the recruits in your class,... god knows I do.

Comment

hmm...let me see, well i went in put my name forward, signed a few forms saying that i wasnt a psycho bitch (can i say that?) and that i havent killed anyone recently. my security check went through and 5 weeks later they gave me a call to be in the barracks at a certain date. was taken to st. brigettes (i think thats the name) "military" hospital where i did my hearing test...a few beeps you'd wanna be completely deaf not to hear them! then went a week later went for the actual physical, where i met the co and stuff...he was making sure that we were being "treated" ok. i was first to go in, as nervous as shit to be honest. i went in he checked my height and my eyesight whichis really easy. then he took the urine samples to check all the usual stuff. he flicked through the forms, checked my legs and their flexability ( to a certain extent) then took my heartbeat and said that i passed....how much easier can you get. the difference with the lads one is the cough test and i have to admit i did feel sorry for the others but what the hell.

the fca doesnt really have much of a medical test as long as you can read, walk, spell, hear and speak you'll do great
        Glaine áir gcroí
        Neart ár ngeag agus
        beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

St Bricin's

Comment

by all means come and join our merry bunch of men! be at dunnes stores for about 7:45 on a wed night dont leave it too late cos time is running out to get in this year with us i think. or just ring rockhill and ask for the 24 Inf Bn, being from strabane should be no bother either the bus goes down to lifford to lift ones anyway.

Comment

ah thats the one thanx bravo....just shows how much i was paying attention...
              Glaine áir gcroí
              Neart ár ngeag agus
              beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Thanks every one especiall the guy from the 24th.

Comment

Working...
                X