Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange request for help

Howdy ya'll.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm trying to make a custom 1/6th scale Irish army infantryman (from E. Timor) and was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of gear is used and what battalions were/are stationed there. Any help would be much appreciated - especially pictures as I'll probably have to custom make most of the gear myself and have no idea where to start (except for the fatigues and the Steyr AUG). I'm pretty clueless as to the webgear and packs you guys use.
    Just to answer some questions, no, I'm not Irish (Texan, but my family's mostly Welsh-Irish), and yes, I'll be happy to post pictures of the little guy when he's completed (I'll even let you name him!).
    Just thought I'd try to honor my roots (and friends overseas) in 1/6th scale. Thanks in advance for any help for this sorta strange (and hopefully not too off topic) request.

-Tex

Tex,

if you click here then go to creative work and select TV you will find an ad for the irish defence forces, it was based around the lads in East Timor, hope it helps.
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Here ya go

Tex - go to the official Defence Forces site for some Timor pics

- PS: Say Howdy to Dubya

Comment

Here's specialoperations.com ARW Timor pics.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

And here's a couple more for luck:

"The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Tex

Give me your e-mail address and I will send you some closeup pictures of the webgear and packs.

pjj247@hotmail.com

Comment

Why not honour the ordinary hard working infantry solider ?

The 28th Bn done a very well respected tour of duty there.

Comment

Thanks to all

Thanks to everyone who helped out with information and photos. I'll be sure to post a picture of the little guy when he's all finished (hopefully in about 2 weeks).

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X