Air Corps or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Corps or not ?

Should the title "Air Corps" be retained, or should it be replaced with a new name ?

I believe the white paper on defence suggested "Military Air Service".
    The Air Corps has a long and proud history, but some suggest that "rebranding" the AC could give it a new and fresh start.
    Air Corps ?
    45.83%
    Military Air Service ?
    4.17%
    Irish Air Force ?
    16.67%
    Irish Air Guard ?
    20.83%
    Other ?
    12.50%
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

i think "irish air guard" has a certan ring to it.....
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

With the whole issue about neutrality and DEFENCE forces, I like the idea of Irish Air Guard

Comment

Lets call it what it really is

Ministers Air Taxi Service
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

air corps

military air service : its not , its got little capability to supply any
          service to the other military branches.
          irish air force : its not got the ability to project a force on anything.
          irish air guard : with what could it guard our major cities ?
          so hows irish air regiment or stay with irish air corps

Comment

What about "Baldonell Flying Club"?
            I say throw it away...The CASAs are assisting the NS,let them be managed by the NS. The only other operational units are MATS and short range SAR..Hand it over to the Coastguard and leave the ministers take the bus...
            The current capability of the Air Corps does not justify its existence. If they had put more time and effort into aircraft selection than shiny new uniforms for all then maybe they mah have been worth retaining. But they are approaching the situation the Naval service found themselves in during the early 70s, but membership of the EEC got them back on their feet. I doubt if anything can save the air corps..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

arra biy! your comments are harsh , irreverent and to say the least
              irrevelent . what we need is some positivism agus cupla focal
              spreagadh

Comment

Working...
              X