Tail fins on pc9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail fins on pc9

I was looking at another site at pictures of the pc-9's and i noticed that on the tail fin there is a swiss flag on them!

does any1 no the reason for this , have we not payed for them yet and as a result they are still swiss property?

They also have swiss civil reg on them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

look closely at the swiss flag and you will see green and orange of the tri clolour behind it. it's just temporary as the pc-9's are still on the swiss register!

Comment

Hi Guys,

The reason for the Swiss flag on the tail is simple. As far as I am aware any Swiss registered aircraft must have the Swiss flag displayed on the aircraft, it's a bit like a ship having to fly the flag of whatever country it's registered in.

As for the temporary HB-XXX reg, that seems to be one of a bank of registrations used by Pilatus while testing out their aicraft, I looked up one of these reg's trying to get more info on the Irish aircraft and I got info back on either an Aussie or Slovenian (can't remember which country exactly) aircraft that had used the same reg previously.

Regards,

Frank.
        IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
        http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

Working...
        X