• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrival Of New Trainer Aircraft To The Air Corps

Press Releases
    Date 19 April 2004

ARRIVAL OF NEW TRAINER AIRCRAFT TO THE AIR CORPS
    The Minister for Defence, Mr Michael Smith T.D. and the Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Jim Sreenan will attend the arrival of three Pilatus PC-9M aircraft to the Air Corps on Wednesday 21 April in Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel, at 1500 hrs.

The turbo propeller training aircraft are the first three of eight aircraft purchased to replace the Siai Marchetti aircraft in the pilot training role. The Pilatus PC-9M are manufactured by Pilatus Aircraft Ltd, Stans, Switzerland. The overall cost of the contract for eight aircraft is approx €60 million.

Members of the media are invited to view the arrival of the aircraft at 1500 hrs approximately. The arrival will provide excellent photographic opportunities. Those wishing to attend should meet the Defence Forces Press Office Personnel as follows:

ARRIVAL OF NEW TRAINER AIRCRAFT

Day/Date: Wednesday 21 April 04.

Time: 14.45 hrs.

For further information contact Captain Sean O Fátharta at the above numbers.

they fly the CASA turboprop maybe?
    or the allouettes and cessnas?
    or the MATS aircraft?
    or the new blackhawks
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

next peice in the jigsaw is some sort of jet blackhawks and a couple of medium lift helis

Comment

view the RTE report here on their arrival here.....

"He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

A horse is not a camel.

Comment

The Air Corps trains pilots on fixed wing first, before streaming them.

Comment

Working...
            X