May & June Air Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May & June Air Support?

Has anybody info on who is going to provide air cover for the European heads of state when they visit our shores in 10 days or so, if I am not mistaken.

With regard to the Bush visit, I guess it is obvious that the Yanks will take care of that one, with their "Irish American" aircrew.

Someone did mention the Belguim a few weeks ago. But I wonder will the Brits provide it seen as they are the closer?

tv3 said that the air corps pc-9s will(shows what they know), Someone mentioned the dutch a few weeks back but haven`t heard anymore on that.It`ll probably be raf tornados.
    Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

xxxxx
      Last edited by Guest; 23 November 2004, 13:30.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Is that the secret airbase in cork harbour
        There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

I knew you shouldnt mess with us!

Comment

I heard it is going to be the RAF. Why not, they are the country we have the most in common with. Wonder will the keep a disteance off the Dublin coast or will we have th pleasure of seeing them patrol our skys!

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Northeran Division
              I heard it is going to be the RAF. Why not, they are the country we have the most in common with. Wonder will the keep a disteance off the Dublin coast or will we have th pleasure of seeing them patrol our skys!
              Well just make sure the Garda has a tab on Gerry Adams and SF. Hope he doesn't plan on stopping by the IRA's toolshed to pick up some Stingers and "do one for Ireland."
              "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

xxxxx

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Comment

They told me about it when I did the simulator stage of my sea- launch interceptor training at Abbeyshrule. Brilliant course actually, tis great to see the co-operation which exists between the Navy and the Air Corps. For those of you who aren't aware of the Harbour Base it is a facility run and staffed by the Navy but the Air Corps are responsible for all flight operations, aircraft and aircraft related pesonnel. In many ways it's similiar to the organisation which exists between the US Marines and US Navy on board their assault ships.

Comment

Oh Christ i've said too much haven't I?:(

Comment

I heard that the base is actually under the command of those grey aliens.Same with the underground base at Abbeyshrule.:D
                      Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

We can't realistically muster anymore effective air to groun projection than this

And this is all the Grubberment wants, in order to cover their own backsides.
                        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

I heard rumours of a US carrier steaming of the west coast for Bushys visit....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

xxxxx

Comment

You're from Arizona, I suppose all those cattle mutilations gave you the fear of conspiracies.

Of course I'm kidding......I hope
                              Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X