Aircraft Designations/Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Designations/Names

Are the PC-9s receiving a designation or name for Irish service? If not anyone got any suggestions? I'd rather have something other than PC-9s to call them.
    Actually did the IAC christen any of its planes with anything other than the commercial names?
    Si vis pacem para bellum

HS125-700 = Government Jet
    Gulfstream G3 = Government jet
    Gulfstream GIV = Government Jet
    Learjet = Ministerial Aircraft...(small Government jet)
    PBN Defender = Garda plane
    EC135 = New Garda Heli
    AS355 = Pigs that Fly....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Avro 621 Trainer (1930) The Cow (it was underpowered)
      Avro 548 Trainer (1926) The Submarine ( it wouldn't climb)
      I have seen these quoted in pilots personal logbooks.
      Tony K

Comment

The love for their planes is readily apparent in those last two names:p

Seriously though I think some names need to be dreamt up and officially applied to let the aircraft stand out from other nations.Even Slovenia have decided on Swift for their PC9s.It just feels to me like there isn't much love or caring for thier aircraft:( (small violin plays mournfully in the background)
        Last edited by ForkTailedDevil; 28 April 2004, 23:23.
        Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

CASA 212-Now that we ended SAR, why the hell do we still have this thing?
          "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

what? we don`t. we have casa 235`s and their role is marine protection and several other secondary roles
            Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Dammit, mixed up the number with something else. :D

Marine protection-don't you need choppers for that? I mean like drug busts and the like. Unless the CASA also does a paratrooper drop role.
              "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

The Casa is a maritime patrol aircraft,and actually made the dauphin redundant,and the USCG has selected them too...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

the ARW has done parachute drops out of them (tha Casa, i mean)
                  "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Working...
                  X