RDFRA..are you satisfied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDFRA..are you satisfied?

I notice the RDFRA Board is down at the moment.
    Does anyone feel that they are not as representative as we would like?
    Information from them in the last 12 months has been scarce at best. I know there is one of their board a frequent user here,but apart from him has anyone benefited from their assistance recently?
    Their board has become little more than a place for cranks and excuses...the Information there has not changed since the summer.

It was asked before..are they worth the fee? Logical submissions only please..I dont want this to turn into a mud slinging forum..
    Yes
    60.87%
    No
    39.13%

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

The reason its Down at the Moment is because its Currently being Updated (For the New RDFRA website is on the way VERY SOON) there's a lot of work going on in the Background and when the new site is launched you'll realise how much. Unfortunately there does seem to be not a lot going on over in Clancy recently for some reason but Martin in the office will answer any queries you have.

info@rdfra.ie

BTW the board should be working now.

Last edited by Bailer; 6 January 2003, 18:20.
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Just visited the New RDFRA site. Much faster,and more user friendly.
      Lets hope their service Matches their new look.
      The Poll stands. I want to see opinions here.

Comment

The website was down earlier on to facilitate the move to the new website. The new site is up [URL=http://www.rdfra.ie[/URL] but some parts are still under construction. All the links are not in place yet, a members only section (which we hope will eliminate a lot of the slagging matches) will be set up at a later stage. We welcome any contributions or comments. The site is not officially launched but your comment has pre-empted my announcement.

As regards to information not flowing to the grassroots level, the main problem lies at the grassroots level. We have found that sub-unit delegates are not attending command annual general meetings or ADCs, nor are they informing National Office of their sub-unit meetings and changes in their reps. This leads to information going to people who are no longer active.

RDFRA does not receive changes of status of members from RDFHQ, so if you change your address notify the office (we don't get copies of all the ROs). If your sub-unit rep has gone non-effective (or left) and you have changed your rep notify the office.

Each member receives a newsletter directly to their home address where they have provided it, so if you have not informed the office of your address please do so (we can't guarantee delivery when it sent to Unit/Sub Unit HQs).

In relation to sub-unit delegates not attending command agms and adcs, as a member of the Eastern Command Committee I would like to make an appeal to all RDFRA members in the 7Bn to ensure that their sub-unit reps notify us at to who they are and to attend the next AGM. We have not heard from the 7Bn in a number of years!

What the association needs is active members at sub-unit level pushing for things to get done, we have enough people who complain but not enough people who are willing to do anything about it.

Comment

I was recently approached about being Company rep in the 7bn Bravo but I suppose I'll have to mosey on down to the Brigade one if no one else is doing it

Comment

any time i have contacted rdfra they have repsoned within hours so it is value for the few quid i give them each year
            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Correct RDFRA have always been prompt in replying to any of my queries. When the Website is Finished its hoped it will be an invaluable source to all reservists (even Sluggies Goldie Fish) and a good source of Info for all.

Comment

True..I must say that any time i contacted them in the past the replies were prompt,helpful and informative,to the best of their ability.
                However I notice some people are dissatisfied with them and have not given a reason why...:confused:
                I know that the attitude to them among some non represented units is negative..but if youre not involved how can you expect them to be there on a whim?
                You get back what you put in,in my opinion. Without good unit reps,the RDFRA is working against the hill..or tide..depending So why are no many units not represented?

Comment

I think the standard of unit rep varies greatly and this reflects on the association as a whole, but Martin in the head office is very good
                  You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I have found that any time I have wanted any info they have been very good. Some units have good reps and some have reps that dont give a damn while others have none. In my unit reps vary from a good rep in my sub-unit to no reps in another sub-unit
                    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Bailer

GGGGrrrrrrr!!!!!

U know what I mean Goldie!!....

http://www.rdfra.ie/unitsandCorps.htm

Comment

Maybe an annual or bi-annual election of unit reps would help improve representation. It appears that some reps hibernate or become inactive in their units but still keep the position.

Should the RDFRA have a list of current unit reps on the website?

Comment

All sub-unit reps must be elected every 2 years. A sub-unit AGM must be held every year. These are not options, any member who has not had an AGM last year should contact Martin at RDFRA. Martin has a list of unit reps but as there are a number of units who have not made any contact with RDFRA in a number of years this list can be out of date. The closing date for sub-unit AGMs this year is 29 January.

Comment

i stii think the RDFRA are missig the point we sre not meetig yting the criteria to take part in major exercises due to suitable equipment and training.the whole goals of the organistion need redirection
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                            X