Abbeyshrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbeyshrule

I came across a site about Abbeyshrule and planes landing there recently at http://abbeyshrule.tripod.com/
    I looked around and there were two pictures descirbed as "Poor quality, but still unequivocal proof of US warplanes operating out of Abbeyshrule." The pictures were of a US plane and a crappy little tank. I added to the guestbook, under a cunning alias of Seany Poo, that I didn't deny the landing of planes but asked for some providence to the pictures. Then I said that the Tank certainly wasn't US.

But just moments ago I looked at my posting and the comment about the tank not being American has disapeared, and so too the picture of the Tank itself.....

That would indicate that the unequivocal proof is quivocable! But I'm probably being stupid, afterall, why would a crusty make up stories aboout planes landing in Ireland to make the government look bad?

Nah Mayfield Man that site is b*((*cks !

The photo could be from any airport in the world. Anyway I dont think Abbeyshrule would cope with a C130 - its runway is very small.
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

It could well be possible to put a C-130 down on the tarmac at Abbeyshrule airfield, in an emergency or in a combat situation with max braking, wouldn't be to comfortable for the guys in the back.

Check out the facts: tarmac runway is 575m =1886.48ft.

Min landing distance at min landing weight 1150ft
      Min landing distance at max landing weight 2020ft

Min takeoff distance with min takeoff weight 1400ft
      Min takeoff distance with min takeoff weight with abort distance 1650ft

I think its unlikely, there isn't much room for any error and the safety margins are small. I wonder does the airport have a proper fire fighting infastructure that would be require by the IAA if a troop transport was to use the runway.

Remember the main runway at Shannon is 10498.69ft long.

Comment

Where the hell is Abbeyshrule?

Comment

That's Classified information....

Ireland's "AREA 51"

No really its in Co. Longford. Check out the link posted by Mayfield Man above.

Comment

They are after stumbling across the countries real air force. The c130 in the picture is an anti-sub warfare type and is part of the naval air servce. Its also the home of Irelands Nuclear program. Damn now its in the open.
            No seriously its just the crusties trying to frighten the sh**e of the people again. That picture could have been taken anywhere at night using a very bad camera.
            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Thats it!! Those charter planes are not leaving Shannon because of security threats, it is because of the Aer Rianta landing fees. Abbeshrule only charges a £5 for a twin engined aircraft. And its "Self pay at ATC", does that mean the pilot has to get out to feed the meter:D

Comment

Goddammit I thought I told them To Shoot All Crusties on Site. Now the Crusties Know About it Our TOP secret Covert Project to Take over the Oil Fields OF Iraq Have Failed. The Economy Will Crumble We Cannot Pay the Yanks Back for the c-130. The 5000+ Soldiers in the Underground Complex in AbbyShrule will have to be buried alive.

Trtust no-one they'll be coming for me Next :-patriot:
                Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

I dunno lads,
                  I've heard lots of rumours lately about activity in that neck of the woods. I tried to mention this before, but was jumped on for giving out "sensitive information".

That site looks very amateur, but there could be more to it than we think.
                  Air Corps Veteran

Comment

C130?

Nah, sorry. That pic of the C-130 is a complete crock. OK, I could be wrong, but its look like a very early model C-130 with markings no longer used. Looks like a 1970s variant. Could be wrong, what you guys think?

Comment

I think Magister should be able to say his piece. Got any more info there Mag? Just be careful what you say!
                      Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

I was in Abbeyshrule in 98', at the annual airshow, and I saw the size of the place - not suitable for C-130, except in an emergency.
                        Its infrastructure is very basic, small hangar and small tower area (note "tower area" , not a proper enclosed tower). I think it has a land rover fire tender.

The airshow back in 98' was attended by 3 RAF Bulldog trainers (first time in Ireland), Air Corps Alouette, Marchetti and Cessna.
                        Actually the Cessna did an impressive short take-off, and flyby !
                        The rest of the aircraft included a Provost jet and USAF Learjet overflights, and several private airplanes including an ex-RAF Bulldog which is now based (along with another ex-RAF Bulldog) at Kilrush Airfield, Athy,Co.Kildare.

The crusties are just trying to wind people up with their conspiracy theories.
                        IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

I believe the airfield has undergone some major work recently,and there has been many rumours about the increased activity at a location which is normally only used for weekend flying.
                          I know for a fact something is going on there at the moment,but it would be improper of me to discuss it further,considering my source. It would be in everyones best interests(including the crusties..even if only shitstirrers),if discussion about this is Kept to an absolute minimum.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I think we are breaking security here again. OK we all know what is happining there but we shouldn`t be saying it in case the tree huggers are watching
                            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

This really takes the biscuit. Look closely, its not 1 c-130 its 2. Parked wing tip to wing tip in Abbeyshrule, I dont think so. While a CASA did make an emergency landing in Gormanston I think locals might notice and report 2 C-130s coming over the ditch at Abbeyshrule. As for security I very very much doubt if Abbeyshurle is a clandestine base for anything of an offical nature. But unoffical you never know. P.S. thats a very old colourscheme with the white upper cream lower and blue cheat line.
                              :confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X