X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modernised AC locations of a "New Air Corps"

he he id love to see this!:-patriot: :D

Training Base : Baldonnel
    Operational Airports for Air Corps : Finner, Knock, Galway, Shannon, Kerry, Cork, Dublin.

Based at Baldonnel:

5 Cessna 172
    5 SA342L Gazelle
    10 Alouette3
    25 Pilatus PC-9M
    10 Bae Hawk Tmk1 (as used by Red Arrows)

Operational Bases:

Finner:
    2 Dauphin sar
    1 Dauphin Troop Transport

Knock:
    1 Casa Cn 235n
    3 Bae Harrier
    2 Bae Hawk Tmk1

Galway:
    3 BAe Harrier
    2 Dauphin Sar

Shannon:
    1 Casa Cn 235n
    4 Tornado ADV
    2 Tornado IDS
    3 C-130 Hercules

Kerry:
    3 Sa342l Gazelle
    4 Dauphin SAR
    4 Dauphin Troop Transport

Cork:
    4 Dauphin Troop Transport
    5 Tornado IDS
    5 Tornado ADV
    5 BAe Harrier

Dublin:
    5 BAe Hawk Tmk1
    5 Bae Harrier
    5 SA324L Gazelle Anti-tank
    2 Casa Cn 235n
    2 C-130j Hercules

Hehe that would be very impressive wouldnt it!!!!!!!!

Not a notion of happening except maybe in FS 2002 He he
    :D

Ah well we can keep on dreaming i guess:( :( :-patriot:

Before you ask

Before you ask i started that post in the "General" section and it went straight to the Air Corps Section as it's a very well done wish list i reckon, if only we could get it :-patriot:

But as we all know it isnt going to happen!!

Maybe it might happen in 2099 when all those aircraft are long long long gone and obsolete and when were all gone:D :-patriot:

Comment

TRUE!

Comment

Forget about the Dauphin in a SAR or Troop transport role, totally unsuitable. How many people were you hoping to cram into the helo in a troop transport role a section ? hardly maybe fully 3/4 combat equiped troops !

The harrier is nearing the end of its life and would again be unsuitable. And why would you want all these assets spread out over the country, each place requiring support staff, security details, engineers, accomadation and some sort of airfield defence system.

Comment

He is obviously talking about a war deployment.

Comment

Leaving aside my dislike of Wish Lists for the Air Corpse to ask,why are so many of the bases so close together?
            Finner,Knock,Galway,Shannon and Kerry(Farranfore?) are all within less than 50NM of each other. Knock is perpetually fogbound,Kerry has no room for expansion,as any increase in runway length would mean approach would have to be modified to avoid colliding into a mountain..

Considering the geography of the state,Finner and shannon is all you need on the west coast,with Cork covering the south west. Waterford is iffy,some structurs are already in place there ,but it is located in the middle of nowhere. I see Baldonell becoming Dublins second airport soon,though the air Corpse may retain the Hangars and HQ,with the Civil airport locating to the south or south west of the current ramp.

Those who have visited Aldergrove wil know that this can work well,if properly managed.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Bases

Yes it is true that i was meaning a War deployment.

The bases that i have mentioned would give all round protection in terms of defence, just a suggestion.

Persnally id love to see baldonnel become dublins 2nd hub as the AC if smart enough could utilise it in the way that the base would have to be seriously upgraded and the proceeds from Aircraft landing should then be pumped into the ar corps, would i right in saying that After all we do need that money

Comment

Goldie Fish,

"Knock is perpetually fogbound", would you qualify that statement please .?

Comment

Originally posted by C-Cubed
                  Goldie Fish,

"Knock is perpetually fogbound", would you qualify that statement please .?
                  Sorry,that was a misprint..It should have read Knock is perpetually Bogbound :D

Comment

So, your inability to qualify your " fog " statement is justified by another equally unqualified, unjust and uncalled for remark on something you apparently know nothing about.

And you feel qualified to discuss matters on this forum.

Comment

I think he's probably going on memories of hearing that Knock was a favoured (theoretical) operating site for NATO during the cold war because the weather systems overhead obscure it from high altitude reconaissance for most of the year...which was distilled down to "fogbound" in a magazine article.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by C-Cubed
                        So, your inability to qualify your " fog " statement is justified by another equally unqualified, unjust and uncalled for remark on something you apparently know nothing about.

And you feel qualified to discuss matters on this forum.
                        If you feel you are more qualified,feel free to answer the quiz also found in the Air Corps section of this board. Knock airport sits in the Middle of a bog,anyone who denies that is living in cloud cuckoo land. It was a bog when people used to drive down the runway in their cars,the only difference between then and now is drainage. If David Bellamy was to visit he would no doubt comment on the "mawvollous divewsification of flowa and fawna found in the bog that suwwounds the site".
                        I appreciate that you may be employed or associated with the running of the airport and are defensive of it for that reason,but surely you can argue its case(and others) better other than by launching petty personal attacks on those who do not agree with your point of view?
                        Its called "Debate" Look it up!:-patriot:

Comment

By the way fox your list is both excessively expensive and a poor use of that amount of money...not to mention a ridiculously unnescessary deployment spread
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                          X