new helis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new helis

What is the government currently doing about the contract for new helicopters? I know that the contract for the S-92's was cancelled but has it been put out to tender again or are they putting it on the long finger for another few years.
    There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

with all the talk of cutbacks don't think any new heli's are on the way. then again its well and good for auld bertie to go and buy a new jet. that man should be stuck on top of that spike least then it will be something worth looking at

Comment

I gues that's politics for ya. I don't know if we should complain so much about these new jets lets face it they will probably be the only new jets we are going to get for a long time.

Comment

Helis

When Smithy announced the PC-9m order, he told the press "a new contract for medium lift helicopters would emerge soon".

Most people realise the orginal was cancelled because it was an almighty cock-up of a tender. It wasn't really to do with cuts. Just suited DoD to cancel it using that excuse.

Comment

I think the problem with that statement is his definition of the word "soon" as we all know it takes an eternity for a politican to get anything done. And even when s/he does do it it will probably be only a half hearted attempt or altogetether wrong

Comment

Suggestion to Paul G: Would you start a new thread on your previously suggested helicopter line-up for the Air Corps, I like the sound of it, and think it should be discussed on it's own merits. I would start it myself but it's your idea.
            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Why don't you just cut and paste it and the use the quote code?
              (Oh sorry not supposed to know that)
              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
              X