Busy day for boys in blue[not Goldie's old lot]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy day for boys in blue[not Goldie's old lot]

This morning my sister observed 4 Marchettie's in formation flying west to east in the Rathfarnham general area.
    This afternoon, yours truely observed 4 Cessana 172'S [IAC] flying north-west over Maynooth[diamond formation, tight], then later flying east along M4 [Maynooth bi-pass] in box right,[think it's called] formation also tight.
    Anybody, any idea, what they were at? obviously something to do with St Pat, but seen nothing on news.

Nice to see that they can get so many aircraft up, considering the tall storie's told about this fine organisation.

edited by Turkey, still vainly trying to collapse under influence of Bushmills.:D :D :D
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I too have seen 4 Marchetti's in action over the last week or so.
    Perhaps it is normal formation flight-training.

They were in the skies yesterday morning and it would have been nice to see them fly over O'Connell street during the parade.
    Especially seeing as they were up in the skies anyway !
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

They Were.... they flew over coensiding with the colour party from the 7th (A-coy:D) and it was some sight..... brought a tear to the eye!

let me re-phrase that..... thay were 4 aircraft, they flew over o connel street at the same time as the colour party (which i was in) from the 7th were comming onto the street....
      Last edited by T.I.M.; 20 March 2003, 01:45.
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Could have flown over Croke Park... hmph! :(

Comment

Cessnas were flying to the parade in Balbriggan, north Dublin,I saw them around 2pm divig a few times over the parade!! theyve done it every year for as long as i can remember and im 26 now, originally flying from Gormanston which is 5 minutes outside of the town, they always made me feel so proud when they flew over our pitiful few floats and us scouts freezin our asses off on a shitty wet afternoon... now they make me feel sad that its about half our fleet that im looking at!!!
          :(
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

The flyover didn't get any mention during the parade coverage :(

Comment

Do you mean they werent mentioned in the coverage of the parade in Balbriggan???

where did someone cover the parade in Balbriggan? Is there a website or something?:confused:
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

No, the MARCHETTIS didn't get a mention on RTE Dublin parade coverage.

Comment

Working...
                X