ryanair vs aircorps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanair vs aircorps

I believe that the CEO of Ryanair on the Joe Duffy show has offered to provide the government with the executive style 737 free gratis seeing that Ryanair have just taken up 25 options on the latest version of the 737.
    The government has declined to comment.

talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Okay theres got to be a catch but it has to be a lot cheaper than buying their own aeroplanes .

Any thoughts.....?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Ryanair bought an airline for less than what the govt wants to pay for a jet!

The govt doesnt want bertie & co comming out of a non unionised airline thats in competition with the "national" airline. In effect the govt owns aer lingus and the aer corps

God save this country from the blinkered views of public sector unions
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I understand how the government couldn't take up this offer but why dont they buy one of the new Ryanair 737 and transfer it to the Air Corps?? Surely this would be a lot cheaper and quicker
      There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

That "offer" was a typical Michael O' Leary bit of shit-stirring, it wasn't serious.
        In any case, there's a million and one different competition laws that would prevent it.

Comment

Yeah I suppose he could also use it to blackmail the government in a few years when he wants to turn Baldonnel into the Ryanair private airfield

Comment

How about letting Michael O' Leary manage as a consultant the Aer Corp for a 1 year trial and see what would happen, couldn't do much worse than it is already. I sure he would know where to get the best deals going in the aircraft business.

Give him 1 year to turn it around..........

Comment

EagleEye are you serious?

As was mentioned elsewhere the Defence Forces are not a business, they are a publice service unlike any other. There is no tangible product, no money coming in. What do you expect O'Leary to do to 'turn it around'? The Air Corp does not make money, so he can't improve the cash flow. All he could do is 'out source' certain tasks - something which is killing the Air Corp at the moment. He could also sell off Baldonnel, which is what he would probably do. That would completely kill the Air Corp.

He got a good deal from Boeing for airliners, but what does he know about military aircraft? It's two different markets, while the civillian sector has experienced a downturn the military side seems to be booming. How many good deals are there out there for decent military craft?

He knows nothing about military operations or military organisations, he'd be no better than the civil servants there now.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Ya i was only joking, waiting how long i would have to wait for the response you gave.

Comment

Hell if you gave him control of the air corps he would probably try and give the aircraft away to some country just so he could secure landing rights there. So that probably aint a good idea

Comment

The Defence Forces are a public service that is treated by the government as a business.

Comment

I thought that government policy at the moment was to teach all it's departments as a business?

Comment

Interesting point about Oleary running the aircorps ...funny enough one of Ryanair founding Fathers PJ McGoldrick was former aircorps corporal..maybe just maybe...
                        Yeah I had thought of the 'civil baldonnel issue '...why not...it happens all the time in the states where air national guard units are based at civil airdromes ...on the positive side the amount of facilities would increase the burden of atc and firefighting would be removed from the aircorps thus freeing up manpower....I'm not supportting O'Learys idea but There are positive sides to the opening of Baldonnel to civilkian operators.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

If it was responsibly done it has great potential, but it shouldn't be left to the likes of O'Leary. Perhaps a partial sale of land around Baldonnel would be a good idea?
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Option 1 : Baldonnel becomes joint military/civil facility (as in the UK and elswhere) Income generated used to fund the Air Corps.

Option 2 : Sell Baldonnel and build new facility for the AC in the Midlands or West.
                            IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

cant move the AC from dublin, as the AC's main role appears to be MATS so a move away from dublin is not on the cards
                              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                              X