X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Colours?

The corvettes graveyard!

Ok Request time ..I need some colour photos of a corvette irish style
    I've just purchased Revells 1;72 offering of a flower class corvette which with a bit of work can be made to represent one of our former corvettes...Problem is all three of them are different and wore three completely diffeernt colour schemes. the physically changes i can handle but the colours I have no place to start ......

answers will be handsomely rewarded given the bloody price of the model and the projected price of the conversion!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Murph bring it up to the Brua wrapped in bubble wrap I will let my buddies look at it
    and paint it - if necessary, You trust me don't you???

Comment

Given the size of the project and projected time involved I reckon most of your mates in the Brua will be dead when I get finished it.

Now how many times am I going to have to watch the Cruel sea...before I finally sit down to start this model?

Hey ...wheres me application for the assaociation gone any way...they can't have banned me before i join up!!!!!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Murph,

I'll try to get a contact number for Mick Veale. He retired last year but still comes to the base each week to look after the museum. He has hundreds of photographs and is surprislingly computer literate. If you contact him he would probably sort you out.

Comment

Sluggie

Why do you say Mick |Veale is "surprisingly computer literate" ? In my time in the NS, Mick was one of the few senior NCO's who whole heartedly embraced the IT age. In fact, HE would go around telling people how wonderful they were...convincing people that they should attend IT courses.

Murph...stick wih the cruel sea!!!!

Comment

Given the amount of attic insulation I have in the form of unbuilt models ...I have to start some where ...so its a case of last in first out........! Plus its been a while since I built any ship kits ..so I might as well bite the bullet and start with this! :confused:

Comment

Sba

I apologise for my condesending tone. All I can say is that when I wandered into his house one day looking for a key I was surprised to find him discussing the ins and outs of different software packages with a young L/S. I suppose it didn't fit in with my agist prejuidices.

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggie
                Sba

I apologise for my condesending tone. All I can say is that when I wandered into his house one day looking for a key I was surprised to find him discussing the ins and outs of different software packages with a young L/S. I suppose it didn't fit in with my agist prejuidices.

Murph
                Take a trip to see mick veale, he will sell you a nice picture on his computer, will proberally be quicker then my mates??

Comment

Working...
                X