Tell Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me

Whats the current condition of the countries that irish defence forces are in at the moment and how are the troops keeping????

Hot and wet.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
      Hot and wet.
      The troops or the weather.

Comment

whats the pay like for serving overseas?

Comment

Fairly good, many of the people who have gone overseas that i know have bought cars, or haved payed off large sums on their houses when they have come back.
          The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

You get paid by the UN as well as your regular army pay which I think you get a rise on as well. You wont be spending much money in somewhere like Liberia as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slash89
              whats the pay like for serving overseas?

This link gives te daily rate for overseas allowance. Overseas allowance is not subject to tax or prsi so what you see is what you get.

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

Comment

Dont the UN match your wages aswell?

Effectivly you are doubling your wage aborad.
                Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy

You get your normal pay the same as you would at home and the overseas allowance.

The overseas allowance is paid to you by the Irish Government and appears on your payslip. In theory the Government recoups the money from the UN but the UN is very slow to pay up.

In Lebannon we received monthly from the UN a per diem allowance of $1.00 per day.
                  I don't know if per diem is paid on other missions.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy

The UN does match your wages, but that is paid into Government funds, it doesn't go to the actual soldier. As B Inman, says the UN is slow at paying.

I once heard a quote (think it was an American politican) that poorer countries deployed their military personnel on UN missions because they could afford to pay there armies themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                      The UN does match your wages, but that is paid into Government funds, it doesn't go to the actual soldier. As B Inman, says the UN is slow at paying.

I once heard a quote (think it was an American politican) that poorer countries deployed their military personnel on UN missions because they could afford to pay there armies themselves.
                      I assume you meant to say they could not
                      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Sorry yeah

Comment

the overseas allowance is ok on the face of it, but when you break it down its not really a great amount, your working morning noon and night most of the time, your away from your family, you have to pay for phone calls home and leave flights etc etc
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                          X