Need Help to identify a WW1 badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to identify a WW1 badge

A friend has approached me to try and help identify some insignia belonging to his grandfather who was in the RAMC in WW1, we have identified some of the badges, however he has one, which is a round Navy blue disk with a green diamond imposed on top. Anyone got any ideas?? Is it a divisional/regimental insignia?
    A little help would be appreciated!
    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Any chance of a picture?
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Sorry about the poor quality but here is the patch

"Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

have you tried arrse, military history forum?
        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Yea I've posted there too. So has anyone any ideas??

Comment

Given the diamond insignia...i would say its a Divisional patch...wasn't there one with a red diamond on a blue backround ...might be something similar.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

this is one i remember one of the irish division use green but for the life of i cant remember
              the Dublin fusilier branch or the RBL would be able to put there finger on it
              61st Infantry Division (Red Diamond On Blue Square)

Comment

Originally posted by Cosantor
                he has one, which is a round Navy blue disk with a green diamond imposed on top. Anyone got any ideas?? Is it a divisional/regimental insignia?
                A little help would be appreciated!
                I was reading abook called "Stand To" recently, a diary of a WW1 officer who mentioned that his regt, The Leinsters, had a Blue and Green badge worn on the back of the tunic below the collar.
                sigpic
                Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                My favourite moment was when the
                Originally posted by hedgehog
                red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Working...
                X