The Hôtel National des Invalides - Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hôtel National des Invalides - Paris

Well was in Paris for a few weeks and found the French version of the IWM, and by God was it interesting, not just to the military minded but the sear scale of the place is astounding.
    It’s called “The Hôtel National des Invalides”, which incorporates, the Musée de l'Armée, to the Tomb of Napoléon I, to temporary exhibitions, to the Scale-Models Museum and to the Order of the Liberation Museum.

Spent about 3 hours there, but could not do it justice in that time, it was more like a quick sprint through the place. I've been in the IWM in the past and this place seemed so much bigger!!

For what’s its worth if your interested in Military matters, well it’s a must!!!

I was amazed by the hall of cavalry, which had at least 30 if not more full size horses with riders in all their Uniforms and equipment from the Middle Ages up till WW1.
    The Relief museum was astounding also, with models of complete cities and their defences, and in some cases this included modelling a complete valley, mountain or coastline, truly amazing!!

So all in all not a bad €7, yes all that for just €7!!!!

See more at: http://www.invalides.org/pages/anglais/menu_ang.html
    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.
Working...
X