Roisin Engine Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roisin Engine Problems

ROISIN WAS DELAYED IN LEAVING MIAMI FLORIDA BY OVER 24HRS AS SHE ENCOUNTERED SEVERE ENGINE PROBLEMS. SHE LEFT SOMETIME ON THE 26TH WHEN HER E.T.D. WAS A.M. 25TH. APPARENTLY THE ENGINES COULDNY BE STARTED UP. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WHEN SHE FIRST ARRIVED IN HAULBOWLINE THERE WAS PROBLEMS IN STARTING THE ENGINES DUE TO A COMPUTER PART MALFUNCTIONING AND A NOT HAVING A SPARE IN THE STORES. WHAT A PLACE TO HAPPEN THIS TIME THOUGH, EMBARRASSING IS THE WORD ME THINKS..............
    Last edited by Goldie fish; 8 April 2003, 04:24.

Is she still under warranty?
    No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
    No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

sounds abit like the government jet hee! hee!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Ha, she got out of Miami, hit rough weather and had to seek shelter in ---BARBADOS.
        Oh, what hardship for the crew. lol.:D

Comment

roisin- engine out

do you mean the bahamas?

Comment

Either way she got home safely last week,seems to have towed some carribean sunshine with her to Cob-h

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

probably just a sparking plug problem???

Comment

a wha? :confused:

Comment

aplug biy , aru def ?

Comment

In relation to the type of engine fitted to Roisin,what do you mean by a sparking plug exactly? Is this actual information or are you just trying unsuccessfully to be funny?
                    Please enlighten me!:confused:

Comment

diesel engin0 s don't use spark plugs and are started using a compressed air cartrigde which turns the eingine over and introduces fuel in to the heater plugs which are preheated to enable ignition hence the initial puff of smoke from the funnel when the fuel is ignited.diesal has to be ignited under compression and will not ignite if a unpressurised source below 21 degrees is introduced.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Thanks murf..thats what I thought also..

Comment

Working...
                        X