Mowags-weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowags-weapons

Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Irish Mowags have the same weapons on all of them. I visited the site for them and saw some really cool looking veriations. Some of these had the 105mm and others 20mm etc.
    I was also wondering what range the anti-personnel grenade launcher has?

the APC version used have the 12.7mm Browning M2 HMG and a 7.62 GPMG, the medical version is unarmed, the DF don't have any of the heavier armed version yet, although they probably will eventually
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

thanks for the nutter

Comment

Does anyone know the range of the grenade launcher?

cheers

Comment

What grenade launcher?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The anti-personnal grenade dichargers, sorry not launcher.

Comment

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruledbyjames
                The anti-personnal grenade dichargers, sorry not launcher.

The Mowags are fitted with Smoke Grenade Dischargers.

Comment

Aren't those intended for smoke grenades, so that the crew can lay down a smokescreen pretty fast before running/driving for the hills? I can't see them being practical for frag grenades, unless you're completely surrounded by people you don't like (or doing security at an airport during mass protests)

Comment

I thought they could also fire frags?? well does it only have an immediate range?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruledbyjames
                      I thought they could also fire frags?? well does it only have an immediate range?
                      Not much point in hurling smoke 100m away when you want to obscure yourself

Comment

Jesus wept!! I thought there was conflict about the choice of grenade launcher for the infantry section and now some nutter wants to know if the Mowag can fire a banger from the pipes on the turret. Listen, if the situation gets that bad that you have to fire those launchers, it's really time to find reverse gear and get out of Dodge! Personally, I'd rather have a 30mm main gun than a puny 12.7.
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

Never underestimate the .50 cal/12.7. It's the favoured weapon of most American tank commanders (Though I'm partial to the 7.62 myself)

NTM
                          Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Hallo Cal Tanker et al
                            I'm not against the 12.7 as a back-up gun, but given that the persons most likely to engage Irish troops are lowlifes with "technicals", carrying 12.7s, then I'd rather have a cannon, to get my retaliation in first and from a long way off. I'd rather put a burst from a 20 or 30mm into his jeep than allow him to get near enough to puncture my Mowag with his Dushka.
                            All the best
                            GttC

Comment

I've seen pics of Swiss Mowags and eagles firing their grenades a good range(50ft). Could be handy if you are being over run.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X