2-7-1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-7-1999

Meant to post this on Saturday,but was busy all day.

Hopefully they will continue to be remembered.

Sgt P Mooney
    Cpl N Byrne
    Capt Mick Baker
    Capt Dave O Flaherty.

Who lost their Lives when Dauphin 248 struck a sand dune in Tramore in Heavy fog following a successful SAR operation.
    RIP

Attached is a photo of the Monument to them on the Promenade in Tramore,on a typical summers evening.
    I wonder if any of the holidaymakers know what its all about?
    Attached Files

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

R.i.p.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Rip

SAR - "That others might live"

Comment

RIP

"So others may live"
        Last edited by FMolloy; 5 July 2005, 09:27.
        Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Rip

Comment

It mean something extradordinary special to me.....

The cicumsatnces are still under a cloud..while the men are in te heavens,

may it never happen agagin and may the people who contributed to their deaths hang their heads in shame.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
              .......Attached is a photo of the Monument to them on the Promenade in Tramore,on a typical summers evening.
              I wonder if any of the holidaymakers know what its all about?
              The monument caught my eye when me and herself were down in Tramore a year ago. 'Twas only when I stopped to read the inscription that I realised what it was.
              May 4 gallant men rest in peace...
              Last edited by FMolloy; 5 July 2005, 09:27.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

May 4 of the Bravest rest eternally in peace.
                Paddy, one of the best defenders ive ever had the pleasure to play alongside.
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Hello all
                  Mick Baker was mentioned in the obit column in the back of yesterday's Irish Times. Four good blokes and a rotten shame that they bought it on the job.
                  RIP
                  GttC

Comment

Maybe the photo doesn't do it justice, but that is a crappy looking memorial. You would think the local authorities, or whoever was responsible, could've sprung for something a bit better. It looks like it was some WIT art student's final welding project instead of a dignified memorial to four servicemen.

Later.
                    No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

I didn't want to say it, but you obviously are much further down the path to the darkside than I am. It looks like they used some left over parts they found at a washing machine factory.

Dignified it is NOT.
                      Meh.

Comment

Rip.
                        You Have All Been So Let Down By The Air Corp.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
                          Rip.
                          You Have All Been So Let Down By The Air Corp.
                          Thats a bit strong isnt it? Can you justify that statement? And its Air Corps.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I don't know if the aer corp had or have something official lined up in memory of their air crew.I do know there was a mass and service last saturday unofficially, A coastguard heli did a flyby at the memorial.Current and past members of rear crew personnel were there.I have been told that current serving officers were noticable by their absence.

Comment

well goldie,
                              not strong enough. according to the parents of niall byrne or paddy mooneys wife. their article in the sunday world is there for everyone to read. they have been blanked by the air corps ( thank you for the correction ). they have also been denied access to memo's and documents regarding a very serious incident which took place while the sar crew were based at carrickfinn airport.

Comment

Working...
                              X