FCA in the courts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA in the courts

seems that all the papers were carrying the story about the female fca pte who was injured while on exercise in 1996 and took a claim against the dod for neglect and breach of duty. i can't remember the exact details so forgive and correct any errors.
    apparently she was wearing webbing ,backpack and carrying a rifle (presumably the fn) and was told to scale a 7ft wall . 2 others at the wall held a rifle between them to act as a spring board for her. she jumped ,failed to hold on and fell back onto her back . she was taken to hosp where she was diagnosed with 2 broken ribs.
    the case was settled out of court today with no addmission of guilt .the dod had made a defence claim of no liability.
    all this kind of story can do is to make more fun of the fca which is striving to be taken seriously . if you join the fca surely you should expect to have to do some dangerous training . she was intitled to claim against her injury but to argue that the training was negligent will only serve to hinder the forces development if the bean counters think that every one will make similar claims .

does any one agree or disagree
    Anyone need a spleen ?

I agree with ya.Even though I'm not in the Army or FCA YET.I know if it was me, I wouldn't have pressed for money or whatever.It's one of them sports ground injuries ya know.Do ya know if she carried on in the FCA or did she take her money and run?

Comment

did anyone else notice that it was a female?? ....
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Claiming for an injury like that during military training is ridiculous. What does she expect, to be treated like ****in boy scouts? If we were ever called up and put ina dangerous position I wonder fi this part time "soldier" would claim against the Dept. of Defence (which the muppets in The Star called the Ministry of Defence) for putting her in a dangerous position. I don't understand the mentality of someone who would put in a claim like that.

Comment

Because it is the only way that you can get compensation for an injury.

Comment

The DoD should have counter-sued for incompetence!
            Compo-culture is rampant in this country, people seem to be more concerned with what they can claim for rather than looking after their own well being in the first place!

Comment

SOLDIER SETTLES CLAIM FOR INJURY TO HER BACK.

The story appeared in The Times today (but I won't copy and paste). The 31 year old PTE claimed in the Circuit Civil Court that she had fallen while attmepting to scale a 7 ft wall in Kilbride. PTE O'Brien was injured in 96 due to falling on the cocking mechanism of her rifle (presumably an FN). She sued the MOD for alleged negligence and breach of duty. MOD denied liability. The action was settled for €38,000!

PTE O'Brien calimed that during training she had been required to undertake dangerous manoeuvers while carrying a weighty back pack - what did she think she was going to be doing!

TIM: I don't think that her gender is an issue!
              I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Correct Earhart, people just jump to conclusions.

Comment

What page of the Times I'll reserve Judgement till I read it I couldn't find it though
                  Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

It was in yesterdays Examiner too.
                    Note it happened in 1996 .7 Years for claim processing.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I thought there was some form of insurance in place (or on the way). Am I mistaken?
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

No. There is a sick benefit scheme in operation but that just equates to the statutory sick benefit scheme.

Comment

I was involved in a similar situation last year when I was called as a witness to a case when a female trooper injured her back at the PP Barry cup in kilworth in 1995 while partaking in the wall event......don't know the settlement but it was substansial
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The claim was settled out of court, which probally means she got less than 38.000.
                            The individual concerned remained in the FCA
                            and is a very good NCO, TIM you should know her.

Comment

Not every compensation case is a sham

Comment

Working...
                              X