Reservist's at sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservist's at sea

As a reservist going to sea for the first time, Just wondering whats the perception of NSR members on board Naval service vessels ?

No, NSR personnel have been filling places on the PVs for at least a couple of years, we are talking about 3 week patrols here. As part of the training for promotion they have to do it as far as I heard.

Comment

they serve on all ns vessels, make more money then regular ns sailors

Comment

Most of the "Patrol Photos" found in this site were taken by reservists on NS vessels.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy
          they serve on all ns vessels, make more money then regular ns sailors
          The rates of pay are the same without service increments, the payment of paye is a matter between the individual and the revenue but for the majority of people they haven't used most of their tax credits then there is little or no liability. People in these circumstances can be perceived to be working 'tax free' but they are merely using their tax credit entitlement.
          No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
          No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

not if they are calaiming social welfare in the first place..as the ministers payment goes unrecognised!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by EMT
              As a reservist going to sea for the first time, Just wondering whats the perception of NSR members on board Naval service vessels ?
              it varies, some will have absolutely no respect for you while others will be sound out. Just keep your head down and you'll be fine

Comment

I heard stories of PVs that are short of personnel, asking NSR units for personnel by name as they are very happy working with them.

Comment

The Flag says the exact thing in this months an cosantoir.

Comment

Are the reservists pasid patrol.duty money..actaully forget that i've just remembered that they shouldn't be.....
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

As far as I know they are.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                        Are the reservists pasid patrol.duty money..actaully forget that i've just remembered that they shouldn't be.....
                        R6 para 93a & 103a (old series)

reservist may be paid patrol duty allowance under the conditions and at the appropriate rate prescribed in paragraph 74 of Defence Force Regulations S.3

This is replicated in the new R5/6.

Why do you think they shouldn't be?
                        No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                        No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

In days gone by there were two states of sea going..one was where you posted to a ship as your ship as your unit and were paid as part of the crew which included seagoing allowances..the other was on attachmnet usually filling in for a another crew member...

Its only right that any body filling a vacancy on a ship should be paid the applicable rates but this wasn't always the case as the attachmnet that you were only on loan from another unit..bearing in mind that it ship is an individual unit within the NS...

Not being shitty about it but was wondering had the entitlement changed

Comment

no I believe it is the same murph,but sea going allowance has gone up since we sailed
                            food is 1000 times better

Comment

Originally posted by moggy
                              no I believe it is the same murph,but sea going allowance has gone up since we sailed
                              food is 1000 times better
                              Yeah, The weevils in the biscuits are house trained these days....

Comment

Working...
                              X