All Army Orienteering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Army Orienteering

After a clear start rain swept in at Lough Key Forest Park which didn't dampen people's spirits too far.

23 Bn crept away with the Men's senior . Well done to all. That's a nice place up there. A good 'ol haul from Ath Cliath.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

I'd like to add that the 23rd also won the individual prize in the male and female novice section.

Comment

Also well done to 3 cav sqn who came second in novice team and 5 cav sqn who came third. Showing the infantry how its done.......

Comment

it was a hard coarse - three of my team-mates didnt even finish the coarse (probably something to do with the major piss up we had in mullingar the night before!!!)

i was 40 seconds short of winning the bronze intermediate individual!! :( poor me!!

but it was good laugh and a great coarse - well done to whichever unit was organising it this year!!

Comment

Well, here we are 5 years down the road, trellheim is going to the All Army again .

Beaten by Liachta Cultaca in the seniors [ Donadea AGAIN ] !

Which Bde is organising it in 2008 ?

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            Well, here we are 5 years down the road, trellheim is going to the All Army again .

Beaten by Liachta Cultaca in the seniors [ Donadea AGAIN ] !

Which Bde is organising it in 2008 ?
            2 E Bde
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

The reason that 31 cav were tasked with it this year from Sothern Brigade as orienteering was actually introduced to the DF by our current CO. Check the 31 cav website for the article.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

At what stage do you have to do take the step from intermediate to senior?

Comment

The competition rules lay it out for you

if you won or placed in the previous 2 or 3 years you must run in the next higher grade at least.

Each competition has its own rules, which are usually available on request from the organisers.

There "should" be an ADMINO emitting at some point from Bde HQ,

Comment

Working...
                  X