deployment times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deployment times

hey lads can anyone tell me what sorta time you spend on deployments in like Liberia and places like that ive heard its nine months? do u get to come home at all during that?
    '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

Liberia is six months deployment with 3 weeks leave during that,you can apply to extend during the trip,ie remain on with the new battalion although most are happy doing the six months and returning home :tri:
    :tri: Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Comment

The normal period for troop missions (eg UNMIL and KFOR) is 6 months. UNTAET (East Timor) was either 3 or 4 months. Observer missions (eg UNTSO) are normally 12 months.

Comment

Whats the status on pay during the tour?

Are you paid an overseas allowance or something similar?
        Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Overseas Peace Support Allowance - daily
          Comdt. & higher 63.53 (1/7/04 - it will have gone up)
          Captain & lower 57.74 (1/7/04 - it will have gone up)
          Sergeant and higher - 50.48
          Corporal - 48.79
          Private - 47.13

Overseas Armed Peace Support Allowance - daily
          (paid in addition to Overseas Peace Support Allowance) - 19.03 - all ranks

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

This in addition basis pay and MSA, not sure about tech pay and other allowances. There may be a UN allowance, somethink like $15 per day as well, I'm not sure on that.

Comment

Technically, if you are outside the State for more than 183(??) days a year you are not liable for income tax.

Do soldiers overseas claim back income tax aswell? Has anyone done this? Does this apply to DF personnell?
            Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy
              Technically, if you are outside the State for more than 183(??) days a year you are not liable for income tax.

Do soldiers overseas claim back income tax aswell? Has anyone done this? Does this apply to DF personnell?
              That's an interesting question, Itchy....? PDF members overseas, get your claims in now, before this "loophole" is amended !!! I don't actually know if it applies to members of the PDF or not. Having said that, I don't see any valid reason why it shouldn't, seeing as they pay tax too...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Nice one!
                I can imagine that the guys are probably on 42% tax overseas with the allowences and all(they do get taxed on allowences?)
                That is some serious dosh in tax back.
                Roughly 6000 euro in tax for a single 3* with just basic line pay and his/her overseas service allowences.
                Nice!!!!
                Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy

Does that apply though if your working for the state? Any Civil servants on the board. Can you help? Good question. I hope it is true. I can just see the headlines now."Soldiers Screw System" Etc etc.....
                  Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                  Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                  do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

I think that if you are outside the state for 183 days you dont have to pay tax in Ireland, you pay it in the country you have being living in for those 183 days. So if you dont pay Irish income tax you pay "liberian" (or where ever) income tax. However I'd say they have looked at this and there is no loophole
                    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                      I think that if you are outside the state for 183 days you dont have to pay tax in Ireland, you pay it in the country you have being living in for those 183 days. So if you dont pay Irish income tax you pay "liberian" (or where ever) income tax. However I'd say they have looked at this and there is no loophole
                      I can see the headlines now.
                      Liberian Minister of Finance mysteriously found with 48 stab wounds in back.
                      UN blame shaving accident.

In an unrelated story income tax has been slashed today to 0%.
                      Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Working...
                      X