A quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quiz

Unlike HTP..there is no prize involved...possibly...Tho I do have a Souvineer Programme from the Air spectacular that I may give away..or a Silver Swallowers Poster...
    Consider it like a test you used to get in school the day before you got your holidays..:o :D

1. Who Flew the First Air Corps Heli into Baldonnel?

2. Who is the only Irish Air Corps member of the Martin Baker Club?

3. When dit the MATS service begin?

4. Who was their first passenger?

5. What was the Aircraft?

6. A famous Irish Politician/Statesman only flew in an Air Corps Heli once. Who was he?

7. Name The first officer to complete the 1st Naval Radar Familiarisation course in 1984,

8. The Garda First used Helicopters in 1979. What unit tid they belong to?

9. How many Aircraft Handled the Congo Airlift of the 33rd Infantry Bn in 1960?

10.When did the First Air Corps Pilot Cadets Commence training?

In your own time ...Fire.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

i,m a bit perplexed with some of the question .some of the statements rquire further clarifaction,according to mysources the naswers willpossible be different to the intended but are also corret.I suppose it stems fro the references used .When finish my investigation I will send them to you and you can correct them but be advised some of the questions have two possilble answers which i'v already obtain in the early part of my reseach..Quizzes can be trick.I do stand corrected on the Mick quinn incident as three independent sources confirm niteen 1990.so aplogies alround.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Proof that even the great make mistakes.....but they are never wrong!:D
      Sure have a go anyway.. I notice the others are AFRAID!!! :D :confused:
      That should stir it up!

Comment

araid! .....**** off...thats only an incentive!Cmon the cloud demons ..sink the fish head.Ho Hum okay so its u to me.I'll send the reply offboard so can slate me pyublicly and privately...but I still question rhe answers..nevermind the ****ing questions..More time going astern than you have service ,Please reply to my last pm
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I was going astern in a 50 year old tender when you were still a recruit boyeen!(well a cav recruit at least..)
          And she still had a Telegraph to the Engine room and a clearview..so there!!:D
          I think I emailed you the answer to that one..I think..:confused:

Comment

Oh bitchy aren't we .Got your periods again?You might have gone to sea on Noahs ****ing ark but it still didn't have Rheinmetalls .hee..hee.hee

Yeah got ure last message and job done.thanks.

Comment

True..but we had quarry tyres for fenders that regularly ruined the paintwork of anything we happened to Bump into..Including QE2 :D ..an engineer up for a look got an all to close up view of her massive black hull..probably done as much damage as the rhinemetalls....
              Nice website BTW!!

Comment

we used the big yokohamas for fenders.Took about four guys to get them over the side.regularly bumped into quay walls as well.I think there is still a dent on the starboard quarter compliments of Sir John Rogersons Quay.

Comment

Its about time this old turnip got another airing...:-patriot:
                  Maybe somebody other than Murph could have a go(no offence like Murph). Still None of the questions answered!

Comment

No 6 is Devalera.No7 is LTcdr Charlie lawn former XO on the eithne and ADC to charlie Haughey.
                    No2 is an aerchorp cadet unknown who left a vampire in a hurry.the aircraft made a safe landind afterwards.Unless u take into account the former AEr Corps corporal who was the first manb to use a n ejection seat under test from a Meteor.

the ret is pure speculation

Comment

I think the answer to 7 is the German Border Guard.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

So Far so Good,
                        2.Martin baker club members have to eject from an aircraft to qualify. He has a name.
                        6.Hptmurphy
                        7.Hptmurphy
                        8.F Molloy.I'll need the Official title,though you are correct.

Most of the answers can be found in the "view from the Tower" or any Air Corps 75th anniversary magazines(and there were a few..)

Comment

I don't dobt he has a name but I can't ****ing remember it

Comment

7. The BGS.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

sure jaysus, the ejection seat cadet is Ron McPartland. That's an easy one. He landed in a Cavan farmhouse and was mistaken for a spaceman!
                              Vampire later landed safely in the Don, the loss of the canopy stabilising it.

Comment

Working...
                              X