Text attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text attack!

Ok enough complaining, it's time we started doing something positive around here to advance the cause of the DF, particularly the Irish Air Corps.
    I have already written to the newspapers, and got a huge response, ie; nothing. I have left my local representives alone for personal reasons[I have had to annoy them over other things] but not for much longer.
    I propose that we start in a small way. Ray D'arcy on his show on Today FM has a feature he runs on fridays called 'fix it friday' in which he invites his listeners to submit their questions to him, by the usual means; text, snail-mail, e-mail, 'think you can even phone them in, he and his staff then try and answer them.
    I think that on friday the 16th of May, we should text in the following question; 'Why does Ireland have no air-defence, too expensive, or not needed are not acceptable or true answers'?[add anything else to taste, or lack of same].Add our nicknames as used on this board.
    His show goes out between 10.00 and 12.45. the text number is 087 4100102.
    Nothing might happen, we might get a bu****it answer, but at least we would have tried, which is better then what we are doing at the moment.
    You might think I am mad, got any better suggestions?!?
    :flagwave: :D :flagwave:
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

No. But lets do it anyway. Anyone know a way I can do it from email or the web. No longer in the homeland....
    Meh.

Comment

Excellent idea Turkey !

Count me in !

Although maybe we should be more specific, like -
      "Why does the Irish Air Corps have no air defence aircraft ?"

Because if we ask "Why does Ireland have no air defence ?" , The Ray Darcy researchers will probably contact the Dept of Defence, who in turn will tell them about the " new bofor guns " i.e. "Nothing to worry about folks, Ireland has air defence guns".

Just a thought.

Silver.

:flagwave:
      IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Try www.todayfm.com

and good luck!!!!!
        :D

Comment

Quite right, Silver, we have 7 days to get this right, so let'sget workin' people!!!

Comment

Hey,
            You can't forget about our new 'Bofor L70's'! Leave the Air Defence Reg alone! If you want to ask about the Air Corp then do. If you word it like 'Why doesn't Ireland have an Air Defence system?' then you will get a response to the effect that we have a wonderful ADR!

Think this through!
            I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

We do have a wonderfull adr..............................
              Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

I think we would be better off starting on less spectacular stuff than air defence. How about we ask about the lack of SAR helos, in particular the ones we were supposed to get (S-92's) and when we are going to get these choppers or a different model which is equally cabable of doing the job. The problem here could be that they get fobbed off with an answer relating to the newly leased S-61.

At the moment I think we would be better off focusing on the thing that the Corps really needs ie SAR birds, we've done this long without a valid airbourne defence what is a little longer going to matter?

By the way Turkey great idea, I'll be in an exam(or swotting before it) while Darcy's show is on so I can't submit texts or anything like that but you have my full support otherwise.
                There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

Hmmm..............I'm starting to think that Stinger could be right - I see SAR helos as more of a priority than jets. But we would probably be fobbed off by (the DoD) telling us about the new S61 and the other Coast Guard S61's.

More thinking needed.........

:-patriot:

Comment

Check out my latest AC Brainchild, feedback appreciated list
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Hold on guys and gals, let's not get carried away here.
                      If enough of us text the show, and if RD decides to read out the question, then if he decides to contact Parkgate St. and if he reads out their reply; it does not mean that Bal' will receive a dozen F-16's in mondays post.
                      What it does mean, if all the above if's are covered,is that there will be a bit of publicity for the DF, that's all. If it causes just one person to say 'why?' then it will have been a success.
                      Why air-defence aircraft?- they are the most noticable military device around. Unless you have spent your entire life next door to a military airbase, you will notice an FJ overflyin' you.
                      BTW, thou we can do this as a one-off, I do not plan on this being the only such stunt we pull.
                      Also, D'arcy also accepts answers from the general public, so that can be used to add futher comments, should some of us chose to do so.
                      However, I do agree that we should stick in the word; aircraft, as silver suggested.

Comment

Well - Is it "full steam ahead" for tomorrow ?

:confused:

Comment

Damn right, my text message is already keyed in[with Silvers correction] will send at about 10.15 hours 16th may.
                          Let's rock 'n roll!!!
                          :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave:

Comment

and your answer from the DOD will be

"I was delighted to sign a contract with Pilatus of Switzerland in January 2003 for the supply of eight turbo propeller training aircraft which will be delivered in 2004. The value of the contract, including VAT, is around €60 million. These aircraft are a realistic response to the needs of the Air Corps at the current time"

wow 300 posts, proof indeed that i have no life
                            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Also try George Hook on newstalk106, he takes no sh*t.
                              As his web page says "If it needs to be said George is the man to say it" & "The Right Hook combines hard-hitting news, views on issues of particular relevance to Dubliners, such as traffic, holiday travel, health and education".
                              I am sure he will be shocked at the state of the IAC & AD.

therighthook@newstalk106.ie

Comment

Working...
                              X