Webley Revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webley Revolvers

Pre BAP, the Defence Forces used the Webley .455 revolver, inherited from the British.
    However Dáil records from the fifties mention a 38 revolver also. Were these Webleys, Enfields, or Smith & Wessons?
    Were they purchased as war surplus after WWII, or were they introduced before that?

Webley MkVI .455

Webley MkIV .38/200

Enfield .38/200

Smith & Wesson .38/200

Wow. Definitly worth more as antiques. Didn't the IRA have a large quantity of them at one stage? Periodically they turn up rusted to bits after hiding under someones floor boards fro 25 years...

-C
    Meh.

Comment

Well I know the gardai used the 38 webley,still do for tactical training..if thats any help. Mk IV

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Training only? Or on exercises?

-Y
        Meh.

Comment

Gardai dont do exercises...

Comment

Sorry, poor choice of words, how about "on duty" then?
            Meh.

Comment

No,the webley is used for TACTICAL TRAINING ONLY.What part of this do you not understand?

Comment

Fair enough Goldie, but how many times have we heard "DO THIS SHIT ONLY" and see otherwise happen with official sanction. So, let me spell it out in a way that won't require a bit of deduction or any leaps of logic. DESPITE THAT IT IS ONLY OFFICIALLY USED FOR TACTICAL TRAINGING, HAVE THE GARDAI RECENTLY USED IT IN ANY SITUATIONS WHERE ARMED GARDAI ARE REQUIRED.

Should be plain enough, even for a cork biy.

-Y
                Meh.

Comment

No

Comment

Thank you.
                    Meh.

Comment

Please tell me you are kidding here Goldie!!!! Are you sure you didn't mean the S & W revolvers, not the Webleys.

All I ever saw, way back whenever, were the S & W's and they were talking about "upgrading" to SIG autos. Don't know if they ever did.

Where did you see the Webleys? Got to have been outside the DMA :p :D
                      No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Tactic town,templemore..they wouldnt trust us with s&w(we might stick em in the mud) so we had webleys(caked in mud) to point at each other and shout BANG!!

All house clearing.ground searching,obstacle courses,etc were done with the hinged frame webley. Range practices were of course done with the s&w

Comment

So effectively they've been demobbed and probably haven't been fired in years?
                          Meh.

Comment

Judging my the amount of krud and the play in the frame lock..I should hope not..

Comment

Ah krud..... where would firearms accidents be without it?
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X