Classic Military Vehicle Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Military Vehicle Weekend

This week end at the Curragh race course is the Classic military Vehicle sponsored MCVI Display...Should be good . A must be for all the camo rev heads
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

The show is open to the public from 0900 t0 1700 on Sunday..admission a fiver..family rates..get there..you know you'll love it!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Hi HPT
      Read your article in the Classic Vehicle comic about the Panhard graveyard in Coolmoney.Very nice,indeed.I'm surprised you didn't whip the 3rd Cav insignia off the front of that Panhard. Are civilianisations of Irish AFVs forbidden? Is that hard fact or just talk?
      I'll be there on Sunday so I might meet you.
      regards
      GttC

Comment

The magazine has it wrong..the flash or decal on the front of the Panhard is actually a 3rd Inf Batt decal.......

The Df or DOD will "loan" you anything you want if you are prepared to wade through the paper work.

This will be officially for display purposes only and may not be made road worthy or driven.

So your interpretation of the above terms will decide what you want to do with the said vehicle on loan.

Rumour is that Murf has one in the garden using it as a water feature!

Judging by the photos in the article you'd want two to make one some way presentable.

Comment

This is an ideal opportunity for IMO members to meet up, and say those things to each others face that you are already brave enough to say on the Web.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
            This is an ideal opportunity for IMO members to meet up, and say those things to each others face that you are already brave enough to say on the Web.
            Just what I was thinking myself....
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

i'll be there, in a navy jacket.........
              The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Hi all
                Ok, Gasplus will be the guy dressed like a security man...HPT, what will you look like,I mean, to tell you apart from the Walts and all the mini-Nazis and the 20-stone G.Is???
                regards
                GttC

Comment

I'll be the one with Goldie in tow!...and two very excited kids! Will also seen to be photographing everything in sigh. Look at some of the photographsposted around the palce you can't fail to spot me. 38 years old......with a skin head......

Comment

Gunner tells me he'll also be there. He is easy to spot. He ducks on the first sign of a camera being pointed in his direction...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I attended the show today.
                      I'd reckon there was c.50 vehicles on display - just a pity that all bar one of the privately-owned vehicles were foreign-sourced ......stupid scrappage/export DoD regs

There were/are also 6 vehicles on display outside Protac in the Curragh, including the only ex-Irish Army privately-owned vehicle that I know of - a 1986 Acmat complete with old-style SI xxx registration

Will any more (old) privately-owned ex-Irish Army vehicles be making an apperance in the coming months/years?
                      IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Yea it was nicely done, i was idsappointed in that i only had a short time to get round....
                        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

where abouts in the Currah was it
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Went to the show to day, the Parachute drop was excellent but the landing zone was not policed and when the jumpers neared the ground a mob of kids ran directly under them. One of the attached jpgs gives a good indication of what happened. For the second jump they landed much further away.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi all
                              I went over today, with my sprogs in tow. I asked for you, HPT, as the table where the Classic Mag was being sold.I'd just missed you, apparently.Said you were wearing some kind of faggotty beige/fawn jacket...38 and a skinhead? Right, Said Fred re-enactment squad, was it? The fellas doing the old musket and cannonball stuff were quite good,very entertaining and willing to answer questions and pose for photgraphs...The Gardai were very busy at their stand and the American Highway Patrol car came in for a lot of attention...the Piranha and the Ford of the Cav were swamped with kids, big and small....the Dromod Museum had two interesting field guns there and were willing to talk about them....the Leb Vets were much better this year.....the Bren Carrier was interesting.....not so many fat Nazis about this year, but a few lads going about in British and American WW II kit and one beaut done up as the best-equipped IRA man of the War of Independence....the Archery kept the punters amused and the parachuting and the Eurocopter drew wide applause from the punters. Camouflaged face-paint recieved with approval by my daughter and many others. Downside: too confined to drive, so no chance of a parade or decent-size re-enactment. Outa ten: 8 plus.
                              regards
                              GttC

Comment

Working...
                              X