Fouga??? It couldn't have been.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouga??? It couldn't have been.

Happened to be listening to a scanner I have on Saturday morning. When I heard an aircraft with callsign "Fox 217" which was of course was one of the oul Magisters. But how could It have been, every knows all the Fougas are now retired. It took off from Bal then went straight to Dublin Tower frequency. Before anyone says It I wasn't hung over either. Didn't actually see the aircraft. Just wondering could anyone shed any light on the subject.

Nope your right it couldn't have been!

Isn't it ILegal to listen into a scanner?

Comment

In a word, yes.

Comment

I thought it was only illegal to listen to, and store, Police frequencies ?
        IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Wireless Telegraphy Act 1926. You can't listen to any broadcast you're not licenced to.

Comment

By the way, perhaps the callsign "Fox217" was being used by a former Fouga jock testing out the PC-9 that is in Baldonnel all this week.
            IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Former Fouga jock!

So there is some Scottish dude over flying our aircraft in the words of Mr. Ian Paisley never never never...............heheheheehheheheh:p

Comment

Fox217

Yeah it is the callsign of the Pilatus Demo Aircraft.

Comment

Fox 217 info

Hi Guys,

"Fox 217" is / was aparrently the call sign being used by the Garda Defender a few days / weeks ago.

Here's a picture of the "real" Fox 217 in action at Salthill a few years ago.

Regards,

Frank.
                  IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
                  http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

Working...
                  X