Duties of a Private in the Air Corps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duties of a Private in the Air Corps?

Hi lads, if anyone there knows what the main day to day duties of a fully trained 3 star private in the Air Corps, please tell me..
    Thanks

Mr Hammy, the Air Corps lads wont reply to you if you refer to the rank of private. The rank is known as "Airman", or "Airwoman", even if you never fly, and wash dixies for a living.

Apart from my uncontrollable cynicysm, the Airmen and Airwomen in the Air Corps have wide and different talents, from Aircraft Technicians to other trades and callings. It is a rank not to be demeaned, as it is a was and is a starting point for many talented people there.:D

Comment

What do the 2nd Lieutenants do?
      Keep the speed up...!

Comment

I'm beginning to think that this discussion board is full of smart assed and non-military personnel who have nothing to constructive to contribute to genuine questions. I'm not surprised that Air-Corps personnel are few and far between on the discussion board.
        Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Honestly, Joey D, if you ask a question like ""What do the 2nd Lieutenants do?"", you will get a smart answer. Its a bit like asking what an office worker does. The questi0on has too many variables to answer properly. If you were more specific, perhaps you would get the answer you are looking for.

Comment

This bears a striking similarity and tone to a thread by a different user in the Naval section..I smell a rat.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No rat here, but i am glad to see that others feel the same.(get the monitors to check IP addresses if you think we're the same person)
              My question about the 2nd lieutenants was to see whats the difference between being commissioned as a lieutenant after the 2 years training and being and Airman/Airwoman (besides the rank and pay). But since there doesnt seem to be any Air Corps personnel here, or anyone with even a little bit of knowledge on the Air Corps, i wont bother asking it again. If this was a proper discussion board, i'd be able to ask broad questions just like "what do 2nd lieutenants do?" without getting smart assed answers.
              Last edited by Joey D; 17 May 2003, 14:36.
              Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Most officers in the Air Corp are pilots, so they spend the bulk of their time flying ops or training. The ops they fly depends on what aircraft they're flying: so it's SAR, Army co-op and VIP transport for the heli pilots, maritime patrol for CASA etc. When not flying they'd be doing the likes of orderly officer etc. Senior officers would have more administrative roles.

Some officers are not pilots, they tend to be promoted from the ranks and deal with ATC and other roles. Ask Lurk nicely, he is (or was) in the Air Corp & he'll have more info.

There you go, it's the best I can do. Sorry we didn't reply soon enough for you. Maybe if you were nicer you'd get more answers.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

And it is a proper discussion board, just because you didn't get what you wanted quick enough doesn't mean you have to run it down.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I take it all back! I started slating this discussion board too soon!
                    Keep the speed up...!

Comment

its not the quickness of reply, but the quality. (ie: not fly planes and helis)
                      Last edited by Joey D; 17 May 2003, 14:57.
                      Keep the speed up...!

Comment

What do you call Lurk's post?

Comment

Full of quality, excellent discussion board, forget i said anything
                          Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Working...
                          X