New Aircraft : Priorities ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aircraft : Priorities ?

Which of the above do you think is the current priority for the Air Corps fleet ?
    Purchase of VIP Jets ?
    0.00%
    Replacement of Alouette/Dauphin/Gazelle ?
    20.45%
    Purchase of Fighter Jets ?
    29.55%
    Replacement of Cessnas ?
    0.00%
    Purchase of Medium-Lift helicopters ?
    50.00%
    Last edited by Silver; 14 May 2003, 22:25.
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

can't the Current fleet replacement/purchase of medium lift all come under one choice?
    Meh.

Comment

Ok, almost all of the current fleet needs to be replaced in the coming years, but the question is -

Which are needed most urgently ?

Comment

I went with the Alouette/Dauphin helicopter replacement. Search and Rescue saves lives every year, whilst fighters may only save lives in dire emergency.

NTM
        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

I'm slightly surprised at the results - I thought there would have been more votes for the Medium-Lift Helicopters.

Comment

priorities...........

silver , there are more than a few juveniles on this and other defence forces boards , perhaps this would explain the high number of votes for the fighter jets .
            makes the only sense to me .

Comment

Yeah, but I have to admit to being a convert from fighter jets to Medium lift

1 Naval Squadron - Refitted and upgraded Dauphin/ or Lynx?
              2 SAR Squadrons - S-91
              3 Medium Lift squadron - ????
              Meh.

Comment

1. Naval Squadron - Won't exist, as most likely the Dauphin/Alouette/Gazelle will be replaced by the EC135 or Twin Squirrel.
                2. SAR Squadron - S92
                3. Medium Lift - S92 also.

Comment

Feral' !!

Comment

I'm surprisd at the results too - I thought there would b more votes for 'Purchase of VIP Jets' !!! :D :D :D

Comment

Al, fianna fail is on 'tudder board, not this one.

'Must admit, both classes of helicopter are probally more important at the moment, but as a 45 year old kid, I still wanna hear the sound of freedom.:flagwave:
                      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

the stupidity of this government ( berties gang ) is beyond belief .
                        they should have , could have leased any of a number of airbus / boeing
                        jets , for the six month E.U.presidency and went ahead with the much needed requirement , for SAR medium - lifts , wheather S-92 or NH-90 . the fact that people are still dying , seems to matter little with this gang.
                        and this situation cannot be over emphasized !!!

:flagwave:

Comment

Well said ranger !

A leased jet along with the Gulfstream would be more than adequate for our EU presidency term.
                          Bertie has become so arrogant, after been voted in for a second term, he thinks he deserves a new (bigger) "Air Corps One"

Comment

Jesus - I see not one but two whole people voted for Purchase of VIP Jets!! :confused:

They must have been joking!!

Comment

Working...
                            X