Best Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Memories

Just wondering what are peoples fondest memories of the Navy either past or present

Moving this to the Nostalgia section.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

When that sailor told some bird he was a ranger and then when he wanted to end it he got his mate to tell her he got killed in Iraq.

Priceless.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Can you set up a link to that story again, tried looking for it but it was too far back in the archives for me to find, but I do remember that it was hilarious!!

Comment

When that sailor told some bird he was a ranger and then when he wanted to end it he got his mate to tell her he got killed in Iraq.

Priceless.
          he is a legend
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

fondest memory..was the captain of the ship..telling a then serving president to"get off the bridge of my ship"

or a certain L/Sea telling the president to **** off back to the wardroom.

priceless
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Is that lad still serving

( he of the amazing stories)
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                Is that lad still serving

( he of the amazing stories)
                I assume so. Though I have to admit, I get a peverse pleasure out of those stories.

Anyway, he didn't even get a mate to write the email - he wrote it himself! As the lady in question said "The lazy bastard!"

Quality Tin Roofing never looses it's lustre
                Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                  fondest memory..was the captain of the ship..telling a then serving president to"get off the bridge of my ship"

priceless
                  Was this the same president?

And on the same day?
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy

priceless
                    Wow , you were a captain?

Comment

Hi all
                      And what became of this captain for being rude to his Commander-in-Chief?
                      regards
                      GttC

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy
                        Wow , you were a captain?
                        He sure was...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Same president...different days..same week...! same ship....lol..crew had a real bad attitude toward being used as a presidential yacht
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                          X