PC-9 colour(s) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-9 colour(s) ?

What colour scheme sholud be applied to the new Pilatus PC-9M's ?
    Low-viz grey ?
    60.00%
    Camo scheme ?
    32.00%
    Marchetti colours ?
    4.00%
    Other ?
    4.00%
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Just out of curiosity, why do the Air Corps insist on using that god awful dayglo colour scheme?
    Meh.

Comment

Because they are military training aircraft, it is (was?) common practise in years gone by across europe to have trainers in a military green with the tips painted dayglow orange. The Casa's however dont have any dayglow colours because of their different operational use, maritime patrol and of course discretely bringing ministers to pub openings.... also the orange the marchettis can quite easily be painted over if the need arose.

I agree it looks terrible but its functional, in making the aircraft highly visible in the sky and on the ground and i assume thats a valuble asset in training... in the RAF though their trainers have pretty neat high viz designs, but the tucano's as far as i know have no combat role in the raf structure (though im probably wrong!)

I did some designs for the PC-9's a while ago and they are up on a webpage... it was posted a few months ago.. (here it is!http://www.geocities.com/nonexistantfoo/ )but i believe a grey would be best but with orange wing tips..

Anyway just my opinion
      Last edited by Guest; 27 May 2003, 22:44.

Comment

Sorry guys and gals, but I reckon they should be painted in camo colours.
        One of the very important functions of these aircrafts is to be Air Corps, and represent the military in a very unmistakeable way.
        Because they do not have the distinctive look of military aircraft, as would the combat aircrafts, WE SHOULD HAVE, such an apperence will have to be grafted onto them, and they should fly with at least wepon pylons fitted at all times.
        So that even the few who give a damn will notice their precious tax-euro at work.
        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong (I know you guys will ) but isn't the plan to have 4 x PC-9's for the light strike role (squadron?) and 4 for training only ?

I wonder what are the chances of two different colour schemes for each group of aircraft ?

The Slovenian PC-9's are camo with grey undersides.
          Would that fulfil you requirements Turkey ?

:flagwave:

Comment

This would be my first choice...........

Comment

the only thing with the overall grey is... these aircraft are going to be flowing low level mainly, so grey will stick out pretty obvious against the ground - these arent air defence aircraft either so the they dont need to be camoflaged to aircraft in the sky...

the grey undersides and dpm type/green upper surfaces makes the best sense probably... however.. lets really push out the boat here...

instead of the shark which features on so many aircraft worldwide... why not be individualistic.. and stick the light strike squadrons panther on the nose

if done properly it would be great eye candy and i think it would make it pretty damn obvious its a military aircraft turkey

Comment

Foo, that sounds good to me, and a motif that has not been hacked to death[like the sharkmouth].

:flagwave:
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hmmm... I originally voted for low viz gray, but I think camo is better now. Save the low viz gray for the Fighters....
                  Meh.

Comment

if we had the panther,would we be eligible for Tigermeet?
                    Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Wouldn't we have to be in NATO, which despite what Eoin "Headshots" Dubsky thinks we aren't.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Besides, panthers aren't tigers
                        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Option 2.

Slovenian PC-9 with camo and grey underside scheme.

Comment

At least they can do fly overs, whatever the colours - instead of having to get the RAF to do fly overs (like over Lansdowne Road for the Heineken Cup Final last week)
                            Keep the speed up...!

Comment

they would not have been as awesome as the brit jets but would'nt the marchettis been capable of performing the flyover at heinekan cup game last week?? :flagwave:

Comment

Working...
                              X