Action Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Man

Did any of the older forum members ever have an Action Man when they were younger.

We were just talking about this very topic on Chat the other day. There was the Army guy, complete with FN, the Sailor, he had a beard, a helicopter pilot, with jaunty blue flight suit with an orange stripe.

Looks like you had the Tank Commander !!!

I did have a tank, but it was not the Action Man brand one (which was a Scorpion IIRC); I had some knock-off version.

I remember there was a whole range of small arms and rifles, SMG's, etc, available. it was great in its day...but I sometimes think back and cringe...wasn't it all just really dolls for boys???

Later.
    No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

I had an aussie soldier. Complete with a Sterling SMG and a flame thrower.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post
        ...but I sometimes think back and cringe...wasn't it all just really dolls for boys???

Later.
        Yep!

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Lads in fairness now the old one's were cool, the new one's are just a bit well, gay.

Comment

I had the mountie one

and for years after I always thought that

to join the mounties

you had to have no mickey

they were wild years
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post

I did have a tank, but it was not the Action Man brand one (which was a Scorpion IIRC); I had some knock-off version.
              I had a cheapo one with wheels and a .50 machine gun. Still have it, in fact my kids play with it now ! Made the mistake of giving the little twats my action men, apparently decapitation is the done thing these days

Anyone remember battle action force ? Mini action men, cut about in a futuristic jeep ?
              'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                I had a cheapo one with wheels and a .50 machine gun. Still have it, in fact my kids play with it now ! Made the mistake of giving the little twats my action men, apparently decapitation is the done thing these days

Anyone remember battle action force ? Mini action men, cut about in a futuristic jeep ?
                I had one of those as well, plus the four tonne truck and a helicoptor my younger brother had a landrover. I had 6 action men and a whole wad of equpiment at one time.....I was looking in the attick a few weeks ago but couldn`t find them
                , maybe they have all deserted.

Comment

was looking in the attick a few weeks ago but couldn`t find them
                  , maybe they have all deserted.
                  Or posted to iraq

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    I had the mountie one

and for years after I always thought that

to join the mounties

you had to have no mickey
                    Or no BA..S
                    it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                    Winston churchill

Comment

My guy wore blue underwear...that had a buckle...

Anyhooo

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

hey i got a guy with a scorpion..no ..not a tank.. a scorpion.....look where that got me.....SLR.....poxy beret...had a sheeps skin jacket..the german uniforms were cool.and the guy on the skis with the white SLR...what about eagle eyes...and that terminal ****ing scar....and you were rightly bollocksed if you got a guy with two opposite boots....there are still websites out there for this shite.....
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

You boys are discussing a doll. A boy's doll. But a doll nonetheless. A "moveable fighting man" that could be dressed and undressed just like Ken. Ah but wasn't Ken just a male doll without balls and boyfriend of Barbie. Definitely not a real "moveable fighting man".

Me I played with toy soldiers both lead or plastic with uniforms that were painted on that were only removed during normal wear and tear as they were crushed and smashed by rocks and boulders and lighted matches and other such playtful things boys used to simulate battle tanks and bombs.

Girlie Man was probably subjected to gentler kinder handling before he was undressed and laid down to sleep each night in his warm bed umm tank by his doting owners.

ACTION MAN

KEN

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                          Action Man is a doll originally produced and sold in the United Kingdom and Australia by Palitoy Ltd of Coalville, Leicestershire from 1966 until 1984 (Palitoy also offered sub-licenses to various toy manufacturers in various markets). Of course, he was not marketed as a "doll", but rather a "moveable fighting man", since no self-respecting boy would ever play with dolls! The figure and accessories was originally based on the Hasbro (US) 1964 G.I. Joe figure (for 1966-1969 production).
                          Real Toy Soldiers.

Not an Action Man fan.:wink:
                          Last edited by Guest; 5 November 2006, 10:50.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

You boys are discussing a doll. A boy's doll. But a doll nonetheless. A...
                            Me I played with toy soldiers ...Girlie Man was probably subjected to gentler kinder handling before he was undressed and laid down to sleep each night in his warm bed umm tank by his doting owners.

When i put that passage through the converter at www.is your mate a raving homo .com

it came out as Jam Jar is slightly less camp than elton John but more manly than Graham

norton

go for it Jam jar reach the closet door and exit it gracefully

Comment

is that the "ActionMan in the Hood" version?

nice "ice" hanging around his neck.

never seen that one before
                              Attached Files
                              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Working...
                              X