Pte. Jon O' Shea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pte. Jon O' Shea

Jon, an honourable lad who was taken from us before his time. We dearly miss you at A coy lad. The place isn't the same without you. Rest In Peace
    "Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war. And still, there are things worth fighting for."-Norman Schwarzkopf, CO, US FORCES, GW1

Its always sad to see one of our own going to his eternal reward

Never having had the pleasure of meeting Jon- I for one would like to know a bit more about him,

what do you say Courage U F- a few stories perhaps
    Last edited by johnny no stars; 19 December 2008, 22:49.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Rest in peace, codolence to family and friends
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

rip

Comment

Rip
          Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

On request from Hedgie, I have decided to put up a story about Jon, just to show how mad a bastard he was!:biggrin: When we were but lowly recruits doodling around the MO's office in the great Dún Uí Choilleán, in Cork, Jon, being the group messer, spotted a wheelchair unoccupied in the far corner of reception. Being unsupervised, with no sign of anything happening, he hopped into the wheelchair, and started playing destruction derby with the reception, pretending to be in a Pro-Drift car, pulling fake handbrake turns and crashing into everything he could find. Then our CQMS who had accompanied us stormed in the door, looked at Jon with a questioning face and said,"Are ya alright there, son??" What a legend. And in September, when he returned from his Summer camps as a 2* PTE, myself and Jon loved taking the piss out of the new recruits, trying to figure out Clé from Deas. RIP man, not a day goes by where me, your family, or friends don't think about you lad.
            Last edited by johnny no stars; 25 February 2009, 00:45.
            "Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war. And still, there are things worth fighting for."-Norman Schwarzkopf, CO, US FORCES, GW1

Comment

Working...
            X