replied
    Rest in Peace, gentleman...

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Blink of an eye. Is the crash site still marked, or have the dunes moved north to let the sea take it?
    Still there

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    Commander in Chief

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Blink of an eye. Is the crash site still marked, or have the dunes moved north to let the sea take it?

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    21 years ago

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    I can remember where I was on the day in question and knew straight away why the incident had happened, as opposed to how, and thinking this should never have happened as we had predicted it 10 years earlier when I worked in the airport.

Tragic to think that even up to the night in question it could have been averted and 4 men would not have died.

Go Mairidis Beo

RIP

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    About this time 20 years ago, DH248 / Rescue 111 sought and received permission to return to Waterford Airport due the deteriorating conditions.... a journey they didn’t manage to complete.

Go Mairidis Beo

RIP

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    RIP. Last time I was in Tramore (about 3 weeks ago), noted that the memorial was being looked after, compared to the time before...

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    Space Lord of Terra

• morpheus
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    17th years ago

Go Mairidis Beo

RIP

Leave a comment:

• Papa 242
    Private 3*

• Papa 242
    replied
    Thank you for your post Murph!
    On Friday, a group of us stood at the memorial with members of the families, ...they still amaze me!
    Their strength,courage and dedication are a model to us all!
    How they have gotten on with their lives and carried the memories so gracefully and fervently is one of the most humbling influences in my life!
    In the face of the most undeserved grief,they show the meaning of dignity in the most unpretentious way!
    The best possible tribute to their loved ones and the most inspirational example to us all!

Leave a comment:

• seven.sixtwo
    lt general

• seven.sixtwo
    replied
    Iv been in that spot in Tramore a few times what a tragic event i have allways stood and said a few silent prayers there may their souls rest in everlasting light allways.

REST IN PEACE LADS

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    I visited the memorial in Tramore today, walked to the spot where the crash happened along with Roisin my 10 year old daughter and she asked me why it happened... not how but why..and I could give her a straight answer.....

I remembered the little girl. Davina, of the exact same age as my daughter who never knew her dad who didn't walk in Tramore and who's memories of the place will never equate with mine and Roisin and wondered will anyone ever be able to explain to her even though her dad was doing all he could he was going to die because of decisions made before she was born.

I worked at Waterford airport 10 years before the tragedy occured ..we saw it coming..we knew it was going to happen.

The only saving grace we discuss now was it was only 4..as opposed to 44..which was our nightmare.

I had finished in Waterford 5 years previous to the accident.... things were supposed to move on and change... but it didn't. Men died for failings we had highlighted some years previous.

No comfort from the fact that men who could have made a difference did nothing and lied after the event.

And the little girl never knew her dad.

Leave a comment:

• sofa
    Major General

• sofa
    replied
    RIP

That others may live

Leave a comment:

• Pod
    Banned User

• Pod