Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rescue 116

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Not sure printing the final conversations really helps anything, though I'm surprised that the Stack (having a Lighthouse) wasn't in their system.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
      Not sure printing the final conversations really helps anything, though I'm surprised that the Stack (having a Lighthouse) wasn't in their system.
      Evidence (unfortunately) and if it was to prevent another accident

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Evidence (unfortunately) and if it was to prevent another accident
        I'm not debating the value in terms of preventing another accident, I just meant in terms of the Papers/sites when there's still two crew missing. Would they be using nav data supplied by the State or a third party?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
          I'm not debating the value in terms of preventing another accident, I just meant in terms of the Papers/sites when there's still two crew missing. Would they be using nav data supplied by the State or a third party?
          The route guide to Blacksod which they were following was CHC Ireland's.

          The various navaids/safety equipment use various sources

          Comment


          • That route giude took them through the airspace at blackrock at under 300ft?
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

            Comment


            • R116 had no comms with R118 directly? Am I reading this right?
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                That route giude took them through the airspace at blackrock at under 300ft?
                On the map it says "282" very close to Blackrock, is that the start of the approach (28 feet under the top of the light house)?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  R116 had no comms with R118 directly? Am I reading this right?
                  ".... made extensive attempts .... Two-way communications were briefly established ...."

                  Comment


                  • Please Read the report. WHile the avionics does indicate the spot height, it did not indicate the correct terrain. The FLIR Operator warned the pilot before impact. Avionics gave the pilot an incorrect situational awareness.
                    Honeywell provided the specific avionics, which has geographic data provided by a third party (Unnamed in the report).
                    The Secondary, and to me more concerning aspect to the interim report was the apparent failure of the crew PLB due to the storage of the PLB antennae on Mk 44 Crewmans lifejacket.
                    ICAO Annex 13 requires that survival aspects of an aviation accident are considered as part of the Investigation. At this preliminary stage, the Investigation has not gathered all of the evidence and information required to deal with this matter comprehensively. However, the Investigation identified a matter of concern relating to the installation of the locator beacons in the lifejackets worn by the pilots. The installation appeared to be in accordance with a picture contained in a Service Bulletin issued by the lifejacket manufacturer showing the GPS antenna in the same pouch as the beacon. However, the beacon manufacturer’s publications recommend a minimum separation between beacon and GPS antenna of 30 centimetres (cm). In order to ensure that locator beacons in Mk 44 lifejackets function as expected a Safety Recommendation is issued to the manufacturer of the lifejacket
                    Should this be later identified as a failure, it could have serious consequences worldwide for the manufacturer. One could speculate that their failure to operate led to the loss of at least 1, if not 3 of the crew of R116.
                    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
                    German 2: Private? I am a general!
                    German 1: That is the bad news.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Please Read the report. WHile the avionics does indicate the spot height, it did not indicate the correct terrain. The FLIR Operator warned the pilot before impact. Avionics gave the pilot an incorrect situational awareness.
                      Honeywell provided the specific avionics, which has geographic data provided by a third party (Unnamed in the report).
                      The Secondary, and to me more concerning aspect to the interim report was the apparent failure of the crew PLB due to the storage of the PLB antennae on Mk 44 Crewmans lifejacket.

                      Should this be later identified as a failure, it could have serious consequences worldwide for the manufacturer. One could speculate that their failure to operate led to the loss of at least 1, if not 3 of the crew of R116.
                      To use the holes in the cheese analogy

                      The crash shouldn't have happened in the first place, therefore the crew wouldn't have ended up in the water.

                      To me this preliminary report asks questions to the approach

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        To use the holes in the cheese analogy

                        The crash shouldn't have happened in the first place, therefore the crew wouldn't have ended up in the water.

                        To me this preliminary report asks questions to the approach
                        To me this "preliminary" report is notifying the wider aviation community that the aircraft did not have an engineering issue that requires urgent grounding of other aircraft, but has identified some safety issues that do require attention.

                        So lets just leave the investigation to the professionals and wait for the final report.
                        It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                        It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                        It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                        It was the year everything changed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CTU View Post
                          To me this "preliminary" report is notifying the wider aviation community that the aircraft did not have an engineering issue that requires urgent grounding of other aircraft, but has identified some safety issues that do require attention.

                          So lets just leave the investigation to the professionals and wait for the final report.
                          Plus note the 2 safety recommendations that have been issued - 1 to the aircraft operator

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            Plus note the 2 safety recommendations that have been issued - 1 to the aircraft operator
                            And the other to a manafacturer of safety equipment, and by putting it in a publicly available report they have also notified other organisations of these issues, who can then see if their equipment is up to standard. There are other things mentioned in this report other then the two recommondations that could also be key to the investigation, which is no where near finished.
                            It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                            It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                            It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                            It was the year everything changed.

                            Comment


                            • I guess there are still a lot of questions to be considered ....

                              Is it not best to let the official process follow its course

                              Comment


                              • Primetime is covering the Crash tonight, reporting that during testing of the 92's the lack of island was flagged 4 years ago.
                                On now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X