• Show
Clear All

• danno
    replied
    Shocking news, RIP.

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    The black boxes would be designed to survive a water landing and should "ping" for a month, provided they activated.......I met Dara Fitzpatrick once at an Open day and she gave me and my friends a very comprehensive tour of the S92. May she and her colleagues rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky42
    replied
    Originally posted by restless View Post
    Shocking visuals on the news of what can only be described as fragments of fuselage being brought ashore. obviously a catastrophic failure, the very fact that crew diddnt activate any of their epirbs is telling. even the on board beacons never activated apparently. very strange and i would imagine a first for rescue services worldwide.
    I was thinking the same thing, though of course we'll have to wait to see with the investigation, just hope the black boxes aren't damaged from whatever happened.

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    Shocking visuals on the news of what can only be described as fragments of fuselage being brought ashore. obviously a catastrophic failure, the very fact that crew diddnt activate any of their epirbs is telling. even the on board beacons never activated apparently. very strange and i would imagine a first for rescue services worldwide.

Leave a comment:

• Flamingo
    replied
    Very sad news. RIP

Leave a comment:

• CTU
    replied
    RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Herald
    replied
    RIP.

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    As an IRCG volunteer down on the south coast, i would like to extend my deepest sympathies to the Fitzptrick family and indeed to the families of all the crew members of R116, our thoughts are also with our colleagues on the ground who are faced with this sad recovery. rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• koppiteal
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• Shaqra
    replied
    RIP - a sad, sad day.

Leave a comment:

• sofa
    replied
    RIP