Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard M3 APC - Interior pics needed

Hi All,

Does anyone have detailed pictures of the interior of the Irish Panhard M3s available to them?
    For a computer game related modelling project (not mine).

Pictures of the driver's compartment and the mounting for the TLi-2 turret would be especially useful.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Oh, you would.

I was poking around a pristine condition one two days ago.

However, Toadman has a bunch of pictures of it on his website.

If you need something better than this sort of thing, let me know, but it'll be at least three weeks before I'm back there again.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Irish one is different in detail as there was a clutch pedal unlike the one pictured which only has brake and accelerator pedals..proabbly retains the original electronic clutch from the AML series....The foot clutch made driving that little easier..and was a late addition to the Irish M3s

Original configuration was the clutch was combined with the gear selector wand was operated by lifting the 'knob' on the shift up prior to secting a gear.

evewn though the engine was changed in the AML 20s and AML 90s..the gear box and selector system..plus the alleged brakes remained the same.

Probably useless info..but just the finer details.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Don't want to be too pedantic, but was there any form of spall liner on irish vehicles?

Comment

Spall liner as in fine mesh..or insulation?
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

In reference to my earlier post in 1986 14 M3s were converted to Buffalo standard with manual gear boxes( 6speed) and front disc barkesand new electrics. Any photos available in Karl Martins bible on Irish Army vehicles show the interiors to be of white painted metal interiors ..without lagging or spall protection as far as I can make out. I certainly don't remember anything specific...although any recent interiors I saw were merely burnt out...check the gallery for some photos I psoted a while back.

Comment

Hi Murph
              wasn't there an insulation jacket around the engine covers?
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Yeah correct there was..but this was for protection from burns from the engine..defiently not noise..and provided **** all ballistic protection..but you are correct...

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  In reference to my earlier post in 1986 14 M3s were converted to Buffalo standard with manual gear boxes( 6speed) and front disc barkesand new electrics.
                  Aha. That explains why the owner said it was a former Irish vehicle: Was one which never received the upgrade. He's got another former-Irish one, a Comet, though that's been repainted in foreign markings as well.

NTM

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                    Aha. That explains why the owner said it was a former Irish vehicle: Was one which never received the upgrade. He's got another former-Irish one, a Comet, though that's been repainted in foreign markings as well.

NTM
                    And that's why we should be all thankful for the Spitfire, even if it is the wrong shade of Green....
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                      And that's why we should be all thankful for the Spitfire, even if it is the wrong shade of Green....

I might well agree. But what is the right shade of green?

Comment

Here are three links to website where you will find quite a few photos showing the interior of the Panhard M3 APC:

http://www.mishalov.net/military-veh...vehicles3.html
                        (scroll down up to "Panhard. M3")

http://www.svsm.org/gallery/PanhardM3

http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/panhardm3.htm

Best regards,
                        Piotr

Comment

As it happens, they're all of the same vehicle I linked to in my earlier post: Toadman is a member of SVSM.

NTM

Comment

I don't believe toadmans one to be Irish....minor details.....for a start the towing eyes..all five of them under the front of the hull are different.

The exhaust boxes are different ut that in itself is no guarantee...the air filter is of the earlier type.the drivers visor cradle is missing..even the scrapped ones retain this..and the drivers mirrors are not standrad as used by the Army here.

the other side is that I really don't think it is given that up to recently only one APC was in collectors hands here..officillay so I can't see one been exported unless there was a swap for another vehicle..which doesn't seem to be the case.( Landsverk for a 'White lady' comes to mind about six or seven years ago with Sweden)

So my final word..its an Panhard M3 alright..but it ain't Irish..as for the Comet story ....Given they're are three remaining in the country..Longford..the Curragh..and the cavalry Museum....and that leaves five 'missing'..just maybe.Enquire of its registration number..that will prove its origins.....as I have the registrations of all eight..and their previous identity.
                            Last edited by hptmurphy; 27 March 2007, 22:54.

Comment

and ours were either green or white when we went to the leb

I never saw a Beige one here
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                              X