Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Tactical Armoured Vehicle: Second attempt.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smacks of a bit of 'oh can we do this and do that too?' in the post tender/due diligence phase. If the original spec was right in the first place then that wouldn't be necessary ......... Govt. procurement at its best

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Orion View Post
      Smacks of a bit of 'oh can we do this and do that too?' in the post tender/due diligence phase. If the original spec was right in the first place then that wouldn't be necessary ......... Govt. procurement at its best
      In fairness, the specs in the tender were very particular. The DF appeared to very much known what they wanted. So much so in the case of the first tender a vehicle didn’t exist that met them afaik

      Comment


      • Thing is, many of the things the LTAV were supposed to be for, they never did, because the second batch, intended for that purpose were never bought. Remember there was supposed to be 66?
        Infantry for doing what the GS usually does, only armoured, Cav for recce, (though CTR teams were usually 4, so I don't know if that was the plan, and they weren't ideal for armoured recce,
        Arty for Ground radar and FOO role,(things were going to be on a telescopic pole at the rear of the vehicle) and CIS as an armoured FFR.
        While the RWS was great I never saw the point of the Funnel shaped manned turret.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          Thing is, many of the things the LTAV were supposed to be for, they never did, because the second batch, intended for that purpose were never bought. Remember there was supposed to be 66?
          Infantry for doing what the GS usually does, only armoured, Cav for recce, (though CTR teams were usually 4, so I don't know if that was the plan, and they weren't ideal for armoured recce,
          Arty for Ground radar and FOO role,(things were going to be on a telescopic pole at the rear of the vehicle) and CIS as an armoured FFR.
          While the RWS was great I never saw the point of the Funnel shaped manned turret.
          Afaik they got at least 1 of all the versions

          think there is a reason the DF isn’t exercising those options for the 66 and are looking for something new?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DeV View Post

            Afaik they got at least 1 of all the versions

            think there is a reason the DF isn’t exercising those options for the 66 and are looking for something new?
            It could be something to do with the RG-32 "Outrider" being a pile of poop? Sell now, and some US sheriff will be happy to put some blue lights on top and use it to police the local kindergarten.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

            Comment


            • UK’s LTAV
              Panther
              https://youtu.be/jpPB087toIE

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                UK’s LTAV
                Panther
                https://youtu.be/jpPB087toIE
                Featuring a famous IMO'er. Paging California Tanker!!

                It's shorter than the RG-32M. Probably less of a garage queen too!
                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ODIN View Post

                  Featuring a famous IMO'er. Paging California Tanker!!

                  It's shorter than the RG-32M. Probably less of a garage queen too!
                  Reportedly unsuitable for role and often described as “missing”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DeV View Post

                    Reportedly unsuitable for role and often described as “missing”
                    The Humvee replacement has the same IR driving screen, but has placed it better.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

                      The Humvee replacement has the same IR driving screen, but has placed it better.
                      When I said “missing” I meant the vehicles are missing from the units that are supposed to have them

                      Reportedly under armoured and not reliable

                      Comment


                      • 70 x U.K. Husky on way to Ghana

                        http://www.armyrecognition.com/defen...ghana.amp.html

                        Comment


                        • Luxembourg is getting 80 MOWAG Eagle V for €367 million (including full life support)

                          Comment


                          • That can't be right. Five mil a pop for an armoured car?
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                              That can't be right. Five mil a pop for an armoured car?
                              https://defencebelgium.com/2022/09/1...mmer-et-dingo/

                              includes full life support for 15-20 years

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DeV View Post

                                https://defencebelgium.com/2022/09/1...mmer-et-dingo/

                                includes full life support for 15-20 years
                                Even assuming the unit cost is €2m each (based on what our LTAV cost) predicting €3m lifetime costs isn't saying much about expected reliability. If you buy a car for €30K, would you expect to spend €45k on parts & servicing in its lifetime?
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X