Curragh Military Vehicle Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curragh Military Vehicle Show

The Annual MVCI Curragh Military Vehicle Show will take place on Sunday 11th May at the Curragh Race Course. Military Vehicles, Re Enactment and Living History all welcome. Site open to displayers on sat 10th May. Application Forms available from Willie at 086 8142446. Have a look at our site at www.mvci.org

Willie

will the continunity military vehicle gang be there as well

or will it only be the real military vehicle gang
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
      Have a look at our site at www.mvci.org

Willie
      Just noticed a photo of the Humber Pig in RUC Admiralty grey with Military number plate.

Was this the one doing the rounds in Derry during 69??.
      Last edited by pmtts; 25 February 2008, 09:24.

Comment

I was at this years show today anyone eles there?
        :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

I was, too....
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Didn't get a chance to attend this year due to other commitments but would appreciate some photos if any body got some .

Always a good show.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I was a bit disappointed , I thought there might of been a display of some sort, plenty of dudes in uniform....though
              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

thread subject

a bit late in putting up this post but the Annual Military Vehicle Show run by the Military Vehicle Club of Ireland will be held on Sundat`16 May at the Curragh Racecourse from 10am/6pm .We hope to have a large display of all types of military vehicles including some armour as well as PDF and RDF involvment ,see you there

Comment

Nice one.

Question for the Natives, with the improvement in the railways, is it possible to get a train to Newbridge again? I remember there used to be a stop at the Curragh years ago.
                  Driving there and back just isn't practical.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well if you where to drive it would take just under two hours each way , I make it from Celbridge to Ringaskiddy in 2hours and 40 min , my best time yet . If you where to take the train get off at Portlaoise and then on to the commuter service to Newbridge .
                    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      Nice one.

Question for the Natives, with the improvement in the railways, is it possible to get a train to Newbridge again? I remember there used to be a stop at the Curragh years ago.
                      Driving there and back just isn't practical.
                      Inter City trains only intermittently stop at Newbridge now, all stop in Kildare town,
                      due to the Arrow Service operating between Heuston Stn and Kildare Town
                      (Newbridge being one of the stops on this service)

Trains only stop at the Curragh (a platform at the side of the track) for the big race days
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Just looked at the time table and it appears that there is no Cork trains stopping at Kildare on Sundays, Mon to Sat only .
                        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Hadn't seen any adverts in the usual magazines so I'm going to miss it...but the good news is Duncannon is on 6 and 7 june and has been advertised so at least I'll get there.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I wounder will they bring the peerless

Comment

Hi there,
                              they had the Landsverk and Ford, as well as the 30mm and standard Mowags and a Viking.The reenactors had a Pak40, a 20mm Flak, two 37mm PAKs and a very clever wooden Tiger. Lots of Landys and jeeps and two FV432s.Good show.
                              regards
                              GttC

Comment

Working...
                              X