No announcement yet.

MOWAG problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denmark had the same problem with cracks in there Mowags, and the army here contacted them to see if the solution that was offered by Mowag sucssesfull, They were then repaired under warranty

Comment

Mowaghead obviously knows what he is talking about and as he says its down to a good APC sergaent and spares( ( same in all military formations), I am sure as the army gets more operational experience such as CHAD it will gradually sink in with the powers and corrective measures will be taken.
      However from someone who has no experience of Mowags 1.5m Euros euro seems such a a hell of a lot of money for a vehicle with such problems.

Comment

one way of describing these probs we are experiencing is...its like buting a standard ford mondeo, then saying actually we want a different engine but automatic with a different transmission, oh and we want it to have run flat tyres instead of the norm ones, oh and we'll design our own this or that..........typical paddy designed an untested car......result......initial teeting probs!

Comment

these are not new issues. It was raised in the Dail several times.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by mowaghead View Post
            one way of describing these probs we are experiencing is...its like buting a standard ford mondeo, then saying actually we want a different engine but automatic with a different transmission, oh and we want it to have run flat tyres instead of the norm ones, oh and we'll design our own this or that..........typical paddy designed an untested car......result......initial teeting probs!

What was wrong with the standard Mowag? How come we had to get those mods?

Comment

Actually, I'm trying to figure out what mods have not been acquired by other users. For example, the engine (by MTU, which is a pretty reputable company) is also on the Danish vehicles, as is the hydraulic suspension and CTIS. I can't offhand think of any other countries that have put FVT800s on their Piranhas, but it's not that rare a turret on other vehicles, I don't think.

NTM
              Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                What was wrong with the standard Mowag? How come we had to get those mods?
                Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                Actually, I'm trying to figure out what mods have not been acquired by other users. For example, the engine (by MTU, which is a pretty reputable company) is also on the Danish vehicles, as is the hydraulic suspension and CTIS. I can't offhand think of any other countries that have put FVT800s on their Piranhas, but it's not that rare a turret on other vehicles, I don't think.

NTM
                €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Eg:
                - the camera at the rear of standard MOWAG wasn't purchased. Instead hand signals/shouts are used

- when they found out the cost of the recovery vehicle they decided to other "fitter vehicles"

Comment

I heard(ahem) that we requested thicker armour, rather than opting for applique. This was the cause of much of the cracking. Allegedly.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                  X