LOOKING FOR AN ARMY TRUCK TO HIRE TOMORROW -12th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando69 View Post
    Thats been changed again kermit. We are allowed to carry troops in trucks again, even the gucci scania 6x6, which i fcukin love driving!
    It may be nice to drive, shame it's a pain in the bollocks to be in the back of the thing.

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Since when ? First I' ve heard of it, TBH...
    I can't give you a date but I've been on them a few times while visiting that shower on the other side of the city. Last time was just before Nasher's stand down parade I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      Since when ? First I' ve heard of it, TBH...
      FFS will you ever keep up with the program.

On the last RDF tac weekend in the Glen there were 6x6 and 4x4 in use as troop carriers from both bks to the Glen and back.

The rules about carrying in trucks changes regularily.
      Also the rules on wether you can tow a trailer or not.
      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Its not a tank!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
          Army personnel are not allowed to be carried in trucks, unless on operations. Civvies haven't a hope.
          why would soldiers NOT be allowed to be carried in the back of an ARMY truck?!
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
            FFS will you ever keep up with the program...
            Don't even go there....

On the last RDF tac weekend in the Glen there were 6x6 and 4x4 in use as troop carriers from both bks to the Glen and back.

The rules about carrying in trucks changes regularily.
            Also the rules on wether you can tow a trailer or not.
            The question I asked was WHEN this had changed.....
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              Because Irish Army trucks up to recently were unsuitable for carrying "passengers" in.

I suggest you use the search function.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                A series of injuries and accidents (not just talking about the big one on the M50) lead to the H&S types to ban non-essential movement of troops in trucks, due to the lack of any safety equipment whatsoever in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  A series of injuries and accidents (not just talking about the big one on the M50) lead to the H&S types to ban non-essential movement of troops in trucks, due to the lack of any safety equipment whatsoever in them.
                  Three serious incidents (including the one you mention) in the last two years, two in
                  E Bde, one in W Bde

In fact, the day of the M50 incident, which was March 18th, I was en route home with the
                  real boss, from a weekend in Belfast

Hearing the news prompted my mother to ring me to ask if I was OK, was I involved, etc.. !
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    Because Irish Army trucks up to recently were unsuitable for carrying "passengers" in.

I suggest you use the search function.
                    why use search when i can just ask?

i must be missing something here - ferrying troops around in trucks seems the most basic of military tasks.

so what did they use to transport troops cross-country instead?
                    Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 21 September 2009, 18:51.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                      so does this mean they will ban passengers on the LUAS aswell?

the words 'knee-jerk' and 'reaction' spring to mind.

it's warfare - not welfare.
                      Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 21 September 2009, 18:53.
                      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Cross country was fine, as it was "operational".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          Cross country was fine, as it was "operational".
                          that's daft. you can drive 5 miles cross country in the back of an Army truck but you have to de-bus soon as you hit the main road???

the 'operational' phase doesn't include public roads?

absolutely mad and far from realistic.

i hope that was just a moment of madness by the powers that be and all is sorted now and the troops can travel in trucks when and where required.
                          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Buses.
                            regards
                            GttC

Comment

FFS RGJ.

To date there have been no recorded high speed collisions involving DF vehicles going cross country.

Yes there have been fatalities involving cross country driving but upon the completion of the risk assessment it was decided that these were unavoidable for the tactical operation of the vehicle.

To minimise risk of injury during a high speed collision it was decided that trrops should be bussed in suitable road transport, such as coach, minibus or car, to the closest available military post. At this point the troops would "go tactical" and continue their journey on a tac vehicle such as 4x4 car, multi axle drive Truck or APC.

I have been told that this is standard practice in most countries but the DF here only adopted the practice recently.
                              Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

The Brits do the same as well Luchi

they bus there personnel to a central location then TCV it to the staging area

its actually a good thing

well done us
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X