No announcement yet.

More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you lot discussing tanks and the like in the truck thread?

Unless you want to transport them on a DROPS.

What weight are they?
    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• sorry pal, i've only ever ridden on top of them and never maintained them so i have no idea about the tracks or where they come from - the REME just seem to have endless supplies of them.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Unless you want to transport them on a DROPS.

What weight are they?
        8 tonnes.

Exactly what I was alluding too, that they need to be carried, I think two or three per low loader is the optimal way of transporting them, but how versatile are lowloaders off paved roads, so DROPs being required, one per pallet, size wise, truck per scorpion, not very efficient!

Who brought up the scorpions any way..lol
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• 2 per truck and trailer should be no problem

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            One of our own TCVs looks the better for the fresh lick of paint
            TD, are you sure about that?
            I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
            Who is number 1?

Comment

• Of course he is, he saw it on a web cam!!!!!

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• They also fit into a commercial container (TEU), which is transport related (kinda).

Comment

• True and if you were to employ the Scania CHU system they could be directly loaded and unloaded from the Scanias like they do in Thunderbirds!!

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
                    Of course he is, he saw it on a web cam!!!!!
                    I take it Luchi that the above is directed at me.

Now, I'm surprised at you for not spotting the error in TD's post.
                    Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                      I take it Luchi that the above is directed at me.

No he is correct it is still called a TCV although you are not permitted to transport troops in it.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                        Ah, feckin' Pedantic Paddy here...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• So if someone puts in a request for a TCV it's a lottery as to what he/she gets. Somehow, I think that if you were standing with your heels together trying to explain why a cargo truck is a TCV, and quoting IMO, it would go down like a streaker in Knock
                          Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            Ah, feckin' Pedantic Paddy here...
                            Now, now, TD. A truck fitted with ROPS is a TCV and a truck in cargo mode is a Stores Truck. They are the descriptions in use since ROPS was introduced.
                            Who is number 1?

Comment

• they keep the scorpions so they can say we have tanks, Kind of..
                              A good piece of equipment that proved itself in the Falklands war.. no i was not there ...but I can see that it would have applications in Irelands, bogs etc if we ever had a set to. Not sure how mobile the MOWAGS would be of the road in winter in Leitrim or similar spot..
                              See it is in use in Afghanistan or variant thereof , any thing that can keep up with the troops, bring fire to bear quickly and accurately regardless if it is or is not the most modern is useful to have on your side.
                              Keep It simple. Some of this modern European stuff just seems too sophisticated...and expensive

Comment

• Nice post bandit but it's still not a truck!!

Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                                So if someone puts in a request for a TCV it's a lottery as to what he/she gets. Somehow, I think that if you were standing with your heels together trying to explain why a cargo truck is a TCV, and quoting IMO, it would go down like a streaker in Knock
                                who needs to quote IMO??

DSO tells you to refer to the vehicle log book for vehicle specs.
                                So if you ask for a TCV, and the log book says it is a tcv then take it up with DTpt not the unit you requested it from.

On the other hand if you request tpt to move x numbr of troops then there better be ROPS in the vehicle!!
                                But be careful because not all vehicles with ROPS are equal!!!!

For example, a TCV that was on the recent ex sporting one of the trialed ROPS.

Last edited by luchi; 21 October 2011, 12:28.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Working...
                                X