Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard 4HD engine.

Hi all,
    does anyone know if this engine had a civil application? was it available outside of military use?
    regards
    GttC

Panhard also made cars. 1950s vintage. Mostly Flat twins, presumably the 4HD was based on this.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hi there,
      Very elegant cars.I have an application for a 4HD if I could get my hands on one.
      regards
      GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
        Hi all,
        does anyone know if this engine had a civil application? was it available outside of military use?
        regards
        GttC
        It was probably the mid-range engine on the 2CV.

NTM
        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Hi there,
          i thought the 2CV kept the basic 600 cc engine, which was a Citroen unit.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

Hi there,
            i thought the 2CV kept the basic 600 cc engine, which was a Citroen unit.
            regards
            GttC
            Panhard et Levassor more or less became Citroen 40 years ago. The Panhard 24 shares many features introduced to the Citroen GS.

Comment

Hi there,
              Thanks for that.The later Citroen Visa had a bigger two-pot version of the 2CV's engine but it's not quite big enough for what I need.keep looking, I guess.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Hi there,
                Thanks for that.The later Citroen Visa had a bigger two-pot version of the 2CV's engine but it's not quite big enough for what I need.keep looking, I guess.
                regards
                GttC
                There used to be a guy in Kilcock who had two Panhard cars.

Comment

Try the workshops in the curragh....Plenty of Gate guardians knocking about with their engines in place
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Most are now in the Glen

Comment

Most are now in the Glen
                      In fragments....
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They burn for a surprisingly long time...

Comment

And lets face it ... you tried hard enough to blast it into oblivion with a single shot.

Which is more than anyone else here can lay claim too...some have never even had the oppertunity while they may lay claim to know of their where abouts.

Comment

Ah yes... the mythical panhard graveyard of coolmoney...
                            (a)When was that magazine article again?
                            (b) how many anti armour shoots have their been since?

Comment

Photos were taken In Coolmoney in 2005 in the compound but by 2007 the compound was empty and all the vehicles had been used by various courses as hard targets and the taken away for scrapping.

Nothing really mythical about it. It stored Hulks before destruction and scrapping and had a couple of timoneys there also, emptied out fairly fast and as I said was albut empty by 2007...last time I checked.

There are a few AML 60s in the Curragh as Gate guardians, a few M£s around the country as gate Guardians. One privately owned and one repossessed by the Army when the un veterans crowd didn't follow the rules .

There is one AML not in a process of restoration behind the main cav Workshops with its engine in place. ...Its laid up with a Berliet Wrecker and the Monster Man wrecker along with a Diamond T. Couple of sixties around the currragh still have engines as does the driving one.So even spares must be in supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X