Panhard AML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy View Post
    Cav is 105mm and MBT is 120mm .. anything less than 105mm for the new cav vehicle is a waste of time.
    Depends what you want it to do!?

Originally posted by hptmurphy

Sums up the capabilities and deficiencies of the 90mm F 1 gun
    And the smaller harder to hit AML

Comment

Thought you might like to see this:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unidentified.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	697329 Click image for larger version

Name:	Unidentified2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	697330

Not in my collection, found online, possibly French or South African origin.

Connaught Stranger.
      Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 23 May 2012, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Depends what you want it to do!?

Quite easy to hit. Ask anyone in cav who used them as a target for a shoot in the last 10 years.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Quite easy to hit. Ask anyone in cav who used them as a target for a shoot in the last 10 years.
          While both target and firer are moving?

Comment

Neither.
            The AML can't engage a moving target while on the move. Anyone engaging it will more than likely find it doing overwatch in a static position. If its on th emove, it's running away, and no longer a threat worth engaging, once it goes beyond 2000m.

When you make such short posts with a quote, it is impossible to read your mind to establish the type of scenario you had in mind.

Comment

Don't even have to hit as a near miss would pepper the car with shrapnel and kill the crew.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Connacht, that attachment doesn't open.

regards
                GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                  Connacht, that attachment doesn't open.

regards
                  GttC
                  Try it now, I think I fixed it.

Comment

Try it now, I think I fixed it.
                    Gucci or what...Imagine what the 11th Cav would have done with that...would have made it into a medal for AML drivers!!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The company that got the spares contract, Sofema, have a few interesting offerings.

Comment

Such as?

Comment

Vbc90

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            Gucci or what...Imagine what the 11th Cav would have done with that...would have made it into a medal for AML drivers!!
                            I wish! We could do with medals for piloting AMLs through the city centre with questionable brakes and no power steering

Comment

Here's one I baked earlier.... Panhard AML90 at an Armoured Corps museum I visited in Israel recently....

The one I saw was used by the IDF during the Six Day War in 1967

Party Hats (former and current) would have a boner going around this place, it's excellent...

My fellow Facebookers will be able to see the full set of pictures in the near future when I get a chance to load them up...

Too large in size to load a couple up here...
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Sorry for the necropost but I thought this was worth a peep....Algeria has modified their AML's

Comment

Working...
                                X