New MOWAG Eagle IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Apparently the Eagle IV will be cheaper than the Eagle III.

http://www.armada.ch/04-1/009.cfm

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    Ok im only getting to grips with the sight as yet!

I cant remember where, it is a very long paper! Ill check on the net tommorrow in college and if I find it ill let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    "In there somewhere" really isnt good enough. I need facts..not daydreams....:D

Maybe its worth your while having a look throught the older posts? A lot of this discussion has been done to death in the past. I appreciate that you are new to the board,but many of your questions have already been answered.

Use the search option.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    I cant remember but its in there somewhere? which bit exactly?the amour stopping cappability or fighters? its a while since I looked at it

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Where in the white paper is this mentioned? I dont remember it.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    I dont think they bought that many of the medical version anyway!

Sure it says it in the White Paper on Defence that the army needs a veihicle with some serious armour stopping capability.. would a 105mm Mowag not go someway towards this? The White Paper says we need a lot of things but I doubt we'll see them in the forseeable future ie. fighters etc.:(

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    The medical version of the Mowag is very impractical, it takes about 10 minutes to assemble the strecher system! And if I remember right the defib was in a stupid position, like next to the spare tyre.:confused:

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    6x6, a Piranha if Im right.

Why? Which are the ones the DF have bought

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Which Mowag? The Piranha 1,Piranha 2,piranha 3 or Piranha 4?Was it the 4x4 6x6 8x8 or 10x10 version of the Piranha?
    Or was it the Mowag Eagle?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    MOWAG doesnt just mean APC, on a program called "Modern Warfare" on the sky channels there was a program on the MOWAG's and it showed versions with the .5 HMG as well as 105mm Guns, Anti- Aircraft missiles, communications and medical versions etc. (the DF having bought some of the Medical and communications versions)

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    Some piece of machinery shown above, would love to see the DF buy them - the Nissian Patrols aren't a patch on these.

Anyone know if thr DF are buying any MOWAG APC's with any weaponary bigger than the .5 HMG ie. 105mm Gun, the AML 90's are getting real old, I know they would exactly be APC's with such a weapon but still im sure we could you some with bigger guns as the AML 90 with the 90mm Gun doesn't have much stopping power in modern day terms.

Leave a comment:

• mutter nutter
    replied
    Just to let you know there is a nice piece in this months military machines international about the DF

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Military Tactical Vehicle
    The MOWAG EAGLE IV is ideally suited as a platform for various tactical mission roles such as reconnaissance, surveillance, command or military police tasks.
    It is based on the advanced MOWAG DURO II chassis technology with its patented roll stabilizer and the proven De-Dion axle system. This gives the vehicle an extremely high off- and on-road mobility.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Come-quickly
    replied
    The Duro is in the same class as the Pinzgauer but has been selected over it and as a replacement for it by a number of customers.

Leave a comment:

• Working...
    X