Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 Ford F-350 SORV for Irish Army (Sp Fces)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why break up a perfectly shiny new Nissan when you can practically nearly overturn one of the older ones?

Comment

ford f-350 special recce vechicle.

anybody out there got any decent pictures of the wings new ford srv.there was one in the star newspaper about a month ago but thats about it.

Comment

There was a good bit about this in a previous thread, the search function should be able to locate it.

Heard some whispers they aren't all they were made out to be.

Comment

The pics I was trying to attach can be found at

Sorry, we've looked high and low, as we say here in Ireland and there's not a sign of that page. Why not go back to the homepage to find something else?

Search for Army Ranger and the 2nd and 3rd shots have their wagon in the backround
          Last edited by Muzzle; 21 July 2004, 01:11.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
            There was a good bit about this in a previous thread, the search function should be able to locate it.

Heard some whispers they aren't all they were made out to be.
            They should have just got the SOV G-wagon:(

Comment

I heard their ground clearance isn't great. Is that something that could be remedied by the DF workshop?
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I thought they would have properly evaluated them before they got them

shouldnt the wing have gotten Eagles instead ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  I thought they would have properly evaluated them before they got them

shouldnt the wing have gotten Eagles instead ?
                  Isn't the Eagle designed and used for a different mission then the Ford's or the German LIV (SO)?

Comment

saw 3 of them yesterday up close, got a guided tour of the specs by one of the lads, damned impressive! ground clearance looks ok, and wouldn't want to be too high given the .5 on top. chassis stiffness when firing looks dodgy though. They look up to the job. moreso than any other civvy unit I've seen.

Comment

oh and we weren't allowed take photos, sorry Barry!

Comment

thanks spiderman i'm sure you tried.just out of curiosity where did you see them?

Comment

I'm guessing it was in the top secret training location in wicklow?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

roger that. busy day for all, helos, black role, green role... 12BN 81 team declined our offer to shoot against them, is there something theyre afraid of??

Comment

As off topic as this may be, I had to ask. Who is this? I found it in with Muzzles link to new srv.
                              Attached Files
                              "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                              - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

wing in the green role??

Comment

Working...
                                X