No announcement yet.

Panhards Abrams & RPG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness, how many M1A1 Abrams did we see immobilised / destroyed by RPGs on their way into Bagdad.
    One - this debate has already been aired.

Exactly, if an abram cant take an rpg, imagine what would bring that down.
    It can - see above. RPG's aren't exactly the most powerful or accurate anti-armor weapon out there.
    "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Originally posted by combatlogo
      One - this debate has already been aired.

It can - see above. RPG's aren't exactly the most powerful or accurate anti-armor weapon out there.
      I think your taking what he said as something aganst the Abrams, he was just pointing out how extremly vulnerable the AML is against even light ATW's

Comment

Thanks nutter.
        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Check, but I just wanted to get my retaliation in early.....we've had this discussion already.

Roger Mellie

Comment

The discussion about AML's looking like clown cars?
            "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"

Comment

No, RPG's versus Abrams.

Roger Mellie

Comment

Kind of hard to convey satire over forums, the original discussion was about neither clown cars nor abrams. Got any pictures of liberia?

Comment

CQ, how effective is the 20mm cannon on the AML ?

Comment

The Cannon is basically the Giat F2, 20x139mm.

Loads of data here;

Comment

Cheers Aidan

Comment

The AML 20 or ninety is enough to ruin your whole day... they are not designed to protect the infantry... it is merely the armed recce vehicle of the cavalry whose primary function is reconnaisance.

On the other had if you get bogged down in an ambush the 20 and 90 can perform in the fire support role.

In South Lebanon the Israelis were frightened of two things... the 84mm and the AML 90... if you're are not intimidated... you should be.

A cavarly recce section can carry more fire power than an infantry company.

I'll be taking notes on who dosen't want support. The three man crew are well accomadated and if needs be can be the first into a fire fight....and first out!

Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

So what you are saying is that looks can be decieving. Point taken, it's not a clown car.

Comment

Jaysus i never remember the Israelis being afraid of much in the AO, well not the 84 or 90 anyways! Apart from a PLO/Hizbollah/Amal car bomb/RSB or such! The running joke was that the Israelis were afraid of the 90's:D They used to get wound up something fierce about this! From my experience i wouldn't have wanted to rely on a 90 for support given that they would struggle to get around as it was,whatever the excuses about it having a petrol/diesel engine.You'd have to nearly push the bleeding thing up Total hill.The vets here know what i'm on about,especially BMR ones at that!

[ MOD: Offensive wording removed.]
                            Live long and prosper!

Comment

Hey Mod,teh whole crux of my post has been changed here,its not the message i wanted to get across.
                              Re- " They used to get wound up something fierce about this", " They " being the Cav lads & not the Israelis as stated!
                              P.S - Mod check your spelling - Israelies - i don't want grammatrical errors or otherwise attributed to me!!As you might be aware that kind of thing bugs the sh**e out of me!:D
                              Live long and prosper!

Comment

As per my pm to you, the term you used to describe members of the army of Israel is offensive to Jewish people.
                                I edited this and substituted the word Israeli.
                                I understand there was no malice intended on your part, however racial slurs will not be tolerated on this forum.
                                If there is a problem regarding this issue, please feel free to contact an administrator.

Re changing of the crux of the post,you also have the facility to re edit your posts.

Back to the thread please.

Regards etc

Comment

Working...
                                X