Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have the df fixed this problem

Comment

• Doesnt' sound like a stabilisation problem as much as a fitting problem. One can happily fire unstabilised .50 cals from anything.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• New mowag?

Is this the same varision of the mowag that the Defence Forces have on order? with the remote weapons station?

Theirs not to make reply,
        Theirs not to reason why,
        Theirs but to do and die:
        Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

• I'm not sure that's a Kongsberg RWS, I'll check to see what one the Belgians got.
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• nope that ain't it...
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I only asked because it appear to have a similar base to the current mowag used by the DF with a remote weapons station.
              Theirs not to make reply,
              Theirs not to reason why,
              Theirs but to do and die:
              Into the valley of Death
              Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

• Originally posted by mugs View Post
                I only asked because it appear to have a similar base to the current mowag used by the DF with a remote weapons station.
                no the Belgian's got Pirahna III C's, Ireland's are III H, that's why they look slightly different:wink:

btw, the Belgian RWS is the FN Herstal ARROWS system.
                Last edited by mutter nutter; 31 August 2006, 12:51.
                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• Here is the OTO Melara HITFIST Turret, with 25mm Cannon, on a Centauro

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Problem straight way...Look at the HEAT trap under the gunmantlet and under where the turret sides slope inward toward the turret mounting..perfect aiming pooint for an RPG....well back to the drawing board and start again....no point in putting a nice 25mm gun in a death trap
                    Last edited by FMolloy; 7 September 2006, 13:26.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Hi all
                      HPT, the failure of armour designers to learn from history never ceases to amaze me, nor does the fact that, for all the advances in ATGW design, the humble RPG is still a force to be reckoned with. Does anyone practise personal anti-armour warfare in the DF? Outside of using Javelins or MILAN?
                      regards
                      GttC

Comment

• Yeah, we use sraaws at section level and the carl gustaf 84 at platoon level.Sraaaw is taught to every soldier in 2-3 * trg.84 is covered on the infantry light support weapons course.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Another problem. The New machines will be equuipped with this.

It cannot be loaded from under armour.

For a few euro more you could have picked this.

You can load this from under armour.

Go figure.

Comment

• 30 mm cannon should really be fitted as standard with a 50 cal on top as well.

Comment

• 50 cal on top is adding a lot of height to the vehicle. Would it not be better to Just have the 30mm and its coax? Very few AFVs have hatch mounted Machine guns any more. It kinda does away with the whole point of being armoured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                Another problem. The New machines will be equuipped with this.

It cannot be loaded from under armour.

For a few euro more you could have picked this.

You can load this from under armour.

Go figure.

So if you have to get out to load is that not defeating its pupose. Is the idea of this weapon to keep the operaters inside and out of harms way??
                                Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Working...
                                X